Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I've had my Cayenne for eight years come April, and as soon as I got her I combed Craig's List for an extra set of wheels and tires. I found s guy selling a set of 4 of the 18" turbo wheels with Potenzas that had only about 2k miles on them and bought them along with a Porsche roof box for about $800, and over the summer I picked up a set of 4 Pirelli Scorpions for $500 from a guy who decided not to drive his Cayenne in the snow. I have Blizaks on since the beginning of November and I have never thought twice about going out in the snow. I just took my wife up and down some big hills to get her to the train and had Zero problems, unlike the idiot in the BMW X3 who just about went 180 degrees making a left almost slamming into the sidewalk, which would have cost him/ her more than my latest set of Blizaks. I drive smart and never have a problem. If you live where it snows and don't have snow tires buy them so you can keep your Cayenne out of the body shop. I will enjoy seeing how far and long mine lasts, as of right now I have 63k and other than maintenance I have only had to buy a battery, brakes, a set of ignition coils and a few sets of wipers. My Cayenne is just and comfortable and rides just as well as when I bought her other than a few ght her. Go Cayenne!

Edited by BobbySpeed

Agreed. There are LOTS of good craigslist finds for Cayenne's. I think original owners get all this "stuff," sell the car, and then have no use for the extra wheels and such. I have 3 sets of wheels now haha, 20" turbo wheels, 20" 5 spoke wheels, and 19" parallel spoke wheels. honestly it's cheaper for me buy a set of wheels with tires, then sell off the wheels once the tires are done.

I will second snow tires.....4wd is worthless without good tires.....i love the people who think 4wd is a substitute for good tires.....4wd won't stop any quicker than a 2wd car with crappy tires.

i live on a steep 500ft hill and alwys have enough traction to get up it with a car in tow....neighbors still haven't got the hint snow tires would do them good.

i have a little over 100k now on my CTT.....knock on wood, it's running good....5k oil changes seem to keep the metal ppm level down in my oil samples....other than a fuel pump and coolant pipes.....still going strong.

I had one of those "lucky" buys - shortly after I got the P!G is started watching Craig's List for snow tires. Spotted an ad for brand new tires on brand new Porsche rims (the 19" sport rims - identical to the ones on my Titanium edition, with Pirelli Scorpion snows) from someone who had bought a GTS - with the new rims/tires - kept it for a month and decided a Volvo SUV was more his style. The rims and tires were taking up space in his garage that he wanted back.

New price from Porsche - about $4,000 (really!) - paid him $600 cash. We met in a NJ Turnpike parking lot and swapped cash for the rims/tires.

You just gotta be persistent with Craig's List.. The snows were basically unused last year in NJ - and have been a God-send this year in NJ..