Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

'08 Cayenne S Durametric problems

Having issues with my Cayenne and went to use my Durametric software and there are no real time actual values available... Talked with Durametric nearly a month ago, they were aware there is a problem...sent data logs to them to help.

Sent a followup e-mail to check progress... no answer. Called today and was told they don't know when it will be fixed.

I asked if there was an older version to run that did work... No! we cant offer anything to help... no idea when it will be resolved... Absoutly the worst customer service attitude I have experienced...

I have the Durametric 6.3.2.5 version ... does anyone have a copy of the earlier software that worked?

Edited by GlenC

• Moderators

Having issues with my Cayenne and went to use my Durametric software and there are no real time actual values available... Talked with Durametric nearly a month ago, they were aware there is a problem...sent data logs to them to help.

Sent a followup e-mail to check progress... no answer. Called today and was told they don't know when it will be fixed.

I asked if there was an older version to run that did work... No! we cant offer anything to help... no idea when it will be resolved... Absoutly the worst customer service attitude I have experienced...

I have the Durametric 6.3.2.5 version ... does anyone have a copy of the earlier software that worked?

Regards,

Glen

Because Porsche periodically changes the game by switching DME suppliers and the like, Durametric is always playing catch up. And when Porsche does make an unannounced change, shops or end users are the ones that discover it and report it to the Durametric crew. That said, a couple of months is not at all unusual time frame for them to find a work around to address it, and often it can take a lot longer. I have always found the Durametric crew to be upfront when some problem pops up, so I wouldn't be quick to label their frankness as poor customer service. You may not like what they have to say, but they don't sugar coat things, or over promise and under deliver. At the end of the day, unless you have the bucks to jump for a PIWIS lease, they are still the best alternative................

I have the same car and model year, plus the same Durametric software version.

Can you tell me precisely what you are trying to do - I'll go out and replicate your actions on my car and see if I get the same response?

The Actual values for the engine are not responding, RPM, Fuel trim, Oil pressure, etc. I have the car parked because I cannot diagnose the Oil Pressure Monitoring fault...

Regards,

Glen

Because Porsche periodically changes the game by switching DME suppliers and the like, Durametric is always playing catch up. And when Porsche does make an unannounced change, shops or end users are the ones that discover it and report it to the Durametric crew. That said, a couple of months is not at all unusual time frame for them to find a work around to address it, and often it can take a lot longer. I have always found the Durametric crew to be upfront when some problem pops up, so I wouldn't be quick to label their frankness as poor customer service. You may not like what they have to say, but they don't sugar coat things, or over promise and under deliver. At the end of the day, unless you have the bucks to jump for a PIWIS lease, they are still the best alternative................

Yea, but it's been a couple years since they said they would fix the transposition of the error codes... still not done on the Cayenne! The frustration has been being told it would be soon, fixing the current problem and having ther car parked waiting....

I checked on my car, almost all the values I selected under Engine just came up as 'Error', so its not just your car.

I did find an error code for 8121 - "implausible signal". My favorite error message of all time. So sick of seeing that one on my old CTT.

Can you tell me precisely what you are trying to do - I'll go out and replicate your actions on my car and see if I get the same response?

The Actual values for the engine are not responding, RPM, Fuel trim, Oil pressure, etc. I have the car parked because I cannot diagnose the Oil Pressure Monitoring fault...

• Moderators

Regards,

Glen

Yea, but it's been a couple years since they said they would fix the transposition of the error codes... still not done on the Cayenne! The frustration has been being told it would be soon, fixing the current problem and having ther car parked waiting....

Durametric is often dancing a fine line around copy rights and patents to steer clear of Porsche's infamous tendency to set the lawyers on anyone that violates their intellectual property rights. Porsche does not make this easy. So some things take more time, and others that center around certain protected code areas will probably never become available. There are also priorities in terms of how many vehicles would an additional feature cover, they have to go with the most widely useful features first. As a shop owner, right now I'd much rather have the ability to service PDK transmissions, which are seen in just about every model, than another feature that I might only use once or twice a year because you almost never come across it.

Durametric is often dancing a fine line around copy rights and patents to steer clear of Porsche's infamous tendency to set the lawyers on anyone that violates their intellectual property rights. Porsche does not make this easy. So some things take more time, and others that center around certain protected code areas will probably never become available. There are also priorities in terms of how many vehicles would an additional feature cover, they have to go with the most widely useful features first. As a shop owner, right now I'd much rather have the ability to service PDK transmissions, which are seen in just about every model, than another feature that I might only use once or twice a year because you almost never come across it.

The problem is the new software version for the Cayenne has basically been bricked for diagnostic... there are no actual values output from the SDI4 V8 engine module... This should be simple OBDII data readout...

I've spoken to Durametric several times over the years in regard to these problems on the Cayenne models and was told they are concentrating on the other Porsche model so the Cayenne is on the back burner for the time being.