Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

X74 ride height questions

I asked about this before and I have just kind of lived with but it does bug me every once in a while. My 40th AE seems to sit a little higher passenger rear on side than the other. There is about a .5 inch maybe difference in the wheel well gaps between the passenger side rear fender and the driver’s side rear fender the driver’s side to top of tire being the lower one of the two. I've measured this while parked with no one sitting in the car. It seems to me that since the installed OEM x74 and has had almost 10k miles to “settle” this would have sorted itself out by now.

Is there was a way to level x74 suspension? Car drives fine and alignment done since and tire wear are fine it’s really more of an I KNOW it is there and kind of bugs me. I know can’t corner balance non-coil overs so any options available to even this up?

• Admin

Hmm... It sound like something is not right and this might require some dis-assembly and measuring.

Things that come to mind are:

- a coil that is not properly seated

- a mismatched set of compensation plates (one side larger than the other - which might also imply mis-matched springs)

- a missing or wrong size bump stop

Loren, I though same thing about spring seating. However, after 10k miles coils has to be seated I would think,

My indy looked at everything looks ok. I know springs had the proper paint dots on them to be x74 so don't think that is it.

Educate me or point me to more info on compression plates or bump stops.

As far as I know using OEM bump stops. Why would bump stop cause ride height discrepancy on a static cars suspension not under load?

What are the correct bump stop part number for x74 front and rear?

Edited by MiamiC70