Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

315mm Rears on 11" wheels

Anyone running 315's in the rear on a standard C2 (1999) on 11" wheels

i have seen one in this neck of the woods but was wondering about the wheels and if there are any clearance issues for the street (20% DE,suto-x, etc)

offset, type, Tire brand

also what is the setup for the front with the 315's the car is nice and balanced but more mechanical grip would be very nice, if it does not upset the understeer/oversteer balance i have right now

I did some research on this for a while as I was trying to find a set of 19's on my cab. Since my cab is really not the fastest car on the planet I opted for looks instead.

I purchased 19x11 Techart Formula's with a 315/25/19 Continental tire. The car is also lowered with a Tecahrt 35mm drop Lowering kit. It is a lot of tire and weight to lug around but ti fits with no problems. The total overall diameter of the wheel and tire aree approx. 3mm more than a stock 285 on an 18 inch rim.

Raymond

actally the weight may not be as much as an issue as you think.

The stock wheels are pretty heavy - this is partially negated by the light weight Fikse wheel - the end result should be with in 5-7% overall.

i'm going to weigh the wheel combo before purchasing though (the guy how has it should allow that NP).

also i might go with a 295mm rear instead with a 235 front.

19" are not really an option for me (lack of tires, esp auto-x specific hoosers)

I have 19x11 Cargraphics on the rear w/ 315/25 (fronts are 8.5, 235) on a narrowbody c2. I was running yoko avs since those run narrow but are stretched on the rim. i'm running sport conti 2s and those fill out the rim nicely; however, they are going to rub in the rear unless i dial in a lot of negative camber. my car is also lowered on hr coilovers set at the max height. I know you said 18s, but since we're talking about 315s... these rims fulfill the bling factor, but i'm going to get some 17s for track/autox.

Edited by uberjeph

I did some research on this for a while as I was trying to find a set of 19's on my cab.  Since my cab is really not the fastest car on the planet I opted for looks instead.

I purchased 19x11 Techart Formula's with a 315/25/19 Continental tire.  The car is also lowered with a Tecahrt 35mm drop Lowering kit.  It is a lot of tire and weight to lug around but ti fits with no problems.  The total overall diameter of the wheel and tire aree approx. 3mm more than a stock 285 on an 18 inch rim.

Raymond

Hi Raymond,

did you put the 235/315 on your narrow body cab? And the rears did not rub at all? I had no idea that there was that much space.

I saw an e-bay auction for a combination of 235/305/19 for the narrow body and contacted the seller (a Porsche dealer). They confirmed that that combination will work without any problems on the narrow body.

However, after reading your comment above I would be interested in getting the 315 instead.

I also read your other post regarding the 295/30/18 on the rear. Did you put the 235/40/18 on the front as well or jus the rear ones? I have the same 5-star Carrera factory rims.

I have not made up my mind what size I ultimately would want to put on my car but sure would like those big ones. I agree with your statement that our cabs are not the fastest but I also would go for the looks first.

Thanks for your reply.

Gerd

• 5 months later...

I have a 2001 996 on std suspension, and just added a set of iForged Swift 19x11 and 19x9.5. Am running Michelin PS2's 315 rear and 235 front. Acceleration is dulled a bit, but cornering grip is phenomenal!!!! Ride quality, is better than my 18" wheels, which I retained for track use. I have not encountered any rubbing, and if anything the car is more neutral in regards to over/under steer. But that is just me!

As far as offset, I do not know, type is listed above, and the guys at iForged are pretty cool with customers, so they would more than likely give you their offset numbers. Tires are listed above.

There should be a picture of my car on the iForged website, by the time you read this. Silver C2 Black/Polished 19" Swift wheels.

Anyone running 315's in the rear on a standard C2 (1999) on 11" wheels

i have seen one in this neck of the woods but was wondering about the wheels and if there are any clearance issues for the street (20% DE,suto-x, etc)

offset, type, Tire brand

also what is the setup for the front with the 315's the car is nice and balanced but more mechanical grip would be very nice, if it does not upset the understeer/oversteer balance i have right now