Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.
Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org
- View Classified Ads
- DIY Tutorials
- Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
- VIN Decoder
- Special Offers
OBD II P-Codes
- Paint Codes
- Videos System
- View Reviews
- and get rid of this welcome message
It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE
Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)
- No ads - advertisements are removed
- Access the Contributors Only Forum
- Contributing Members Only Downloads
- Send attachments with PMs
- All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
- Option Codes Lookup
- VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Hi Guys, I am a new member of this community and I am very happy to be here.
My name is Mathias and I just bought my very first car. I am university student so I wanted a cool, sports car and as I live in Dubai, the weather is warm so a convertible was ideal. I have therefore just bought my first car, the Porsche Boxster, 2006. As this is my first car, and I have bought it as the 3rd owner. I have a lot of questions about how I should maintain the car, and hope you guys can help😎🏎
So first of all, it’s a Porsche Boxster in a beautiful red, with a black soft top, from 2006 that has driven approx. 80,000 km.
it has a beige interior.
1) the paint inside the car has scratches and shows the black color under the beige coating. How can I fix this?
2) the speakers and radio signal is very poor and I want to be able to play music via Bluetooth and aux, is this possible?
3) is it possible to set up Cameras in the car, for parking?
4) there are scratches on the exterior, and I took it to the Porsche center, and they said they do not have a perfect match to this color as they don’t make it in this specific red anymore. Is there anything I can do?
5) the leather inside is looking a little bit worn, is it possible to fix this up?
6) lastly, is there any mods, DIY upgrades or accessories you recommend I to add to this 2006 Boxster?
I was checking / fixing fuses, pulling them and putting new that kind of stuff and now my windows do not open and the front light are always on! The fuses are ok but I am wondering if by playing around maybe i messed up a relay or something! I tried to fix the fuses to what they should be, in the past the car ( used ) had fuses too big for what the chart called for, so for example i replaced a 30 for a 10 if a 10 was the one needed etc.
Car: 2003 996 Cab.
Symptom: The fuse for the front power windows and the fuse for the rear windows will blow instantly when a new fuse is inserted.
History: The car was in winter storage and, though disconnected, the battery went 100% flat. I reconnected the battery and used a jump-start box and she fired right up after letting the battery pick up a little charge. But the windows rolled themselves all the way down and then (I guessing here) the fuses blew. When I replace a fuse, it blows even before I can get it all the way seated.
Also, when I got the car home I removed the battery and put it on a slow charge, so the car was essentially without power for 2 days.
I've scanned the car with a Foxwell NT-510 and there are no faults in any system.
I don't have any idea where to start troubleshooting this. I don't know where to find a wiring diagram to begin knowing where to look. I'm handy with tools and comfortable with electricity, but this has me stumped.
Any thoughts on where to begin?
Hello, I'm a new boxter owner. While driving my interior lights come on over some bumps. I noticed that my window moves slightly up and down as well. Like locking/unlocking car. Sometimes remote will not lock car unless I open and close door a couple times. Does anyone know what part could be doing this? Need replaced or possibly a fix? Thank you!