Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I was checking / fixing fuses, pulling them and putting new that kind of stuff and now my windows do not open and the front light are always on! The fuses are ok but I am wondering if by playing around maybe i messed up a relay or something! I tried to fix the fuses to what they should be, in the past the car ( used ) had fuses too big for what the chart called for, so for example i replaced a 30 for a 10 if a 10 was the one needed etc.

Edited by BENC911

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

23 hours ago, BENC911 said:

I was checking / fixing fuses, pulling them and putting new that kind of stuff and now my windows do not open and the front light are always on! The fuses are ok but I am wondering if by playing around maybe i messed up a relay or something! I tried to fix the fuses to what they should be, in the past the car ( used ) had fuses too big for what the chart called for, so for example i replaced a 30 for a 10 if a 10 was the one needed etc.

Have you tried disconnecting your battery cable(s), touch them together, and reconnect the cables to the battery?

These cars do strange electrical things when the battery is weak.

How old is your battery?

If it is 4 years or older it should be replaced.

Well things are better, now I have pasm issues ONLY

What is the fuse or fuses? I remember that I could do inside the car pasm off, but now the button are not lighting up, neither the one that looks like a shock absorber nor the one that says sport. That one gives an error which I guess has power?

it was weird 3-4 fuses in one of the slots had no power, I did a split from one with power and I was fine. Not sure why it did not have power, maybe I have a relay issue that also feeds the pasm? Not sure but at least all but the PASM is working.

Edited by BENC911

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By 2005 Silverboxster
      Hey All,

Brand new here and curious to know if anyone can shed some light for some issues i have. I bought a 2005 Boxster this summer, 95000kms and pristine. I had a shop do an oil service on it and they mentioned that the car looked like it had never even seen rain underneath. That said i have some options that arent working and not sure if they would all be connected some how ??? My cruise control does not work ... my heated seats dont work, rear spoiler as well is not working ..... there is no power by the looks of it ... not sure if this would be a fuse that runs all these? 

From the condition of the car i cant imagine anything serious but i have never owned a Porsche before so i dont want to muck around too much? I have read that if the car has sat for some time with no battery it can unrecognize the features in the car and needs a reboot from the dealer? 

Any insight on this would be so helpful!

Many Thanks 

Corey 
    • By Craig Joplin
      Craig
      2000 Boxster S
      6sp
      Search unsuccessful. Therefore I ask.  Upon lowering top, windows drop 4 inches. Then will not go back up.  Windows will go down but will not return up at all. Put top up and they work fine. I want windows to go all the way up when top down on cool days and nights
    • By StevieG
      Hi Porsche Gurus
      I’m trying to troubleshoot a little issue I have that just my drivers door courtesy lights (and drivers sunvisor light but not sure if that’s different issue) don’t work, both the red and white ones and only the one door(rhd car) 
      now ive checked the common things like all the fuses and the wiring to see if they were damaged or corroded but they seem fine,
      The one thing I would like to check but can not find any info on is where or what is the switch or sensor that tells the lights that the door is open to turn the lights on? 
      If I can find that then that will at least eliminate all manual fixes that I can think of unless any of you have come across this before, if it’s something simple and I look like a fool for not thinking of it then I’m happy to be a fool as long as the lights work:)
      any help would be much appreciated 
      thanks 
      Stevie G 
    • By simssj
      Car: 2003 996 Cab.

Symptom: The fuse for the front power windows and the fuse for the rear windows will blow instantly when a new fuse is inserted.

History: The car was in winter storage and, though disconnected, the battery went 100% flat. I reconnected the battery and used a jump-start box and she fired right up after letting the battery pick up a little charge. But the windows rolled themselves all the way down and then (I guessing here) the fuses blew. When I replace a fuse, it blows even before I can get it all the way seated.
      Also, when I got the car home I removed the battery and put it on a slow charge, so the car was essentially without power for 2 days.
      I've scanned the car with a Foxwell NT-510 and there are no faults in any system.

I don't have any idea where to start troubleshooting this. I don't know where to find a wiring diagram to begin knowing where to look. I'm handy with tools and comfortable with electricity, but this has me stumped.

Any thoughts on where to begin?
    • By troyporsche
      having some issues with locking my cs using the key fob  , i can unlock the car fine with the fob but i have to be next to drivers glass to lock the car . i have changed the battery in the fob no luck
      the led on the fob goes off when i press the lock button , i have also tried resync the key . has anybody had this similar fault 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.