Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have a 2011 Panamera Turbo that has had the OEM PCM 3.1 Bluetooth system functional since day one. It worked fine until last week while I was in my car with my phone connected to my car PCM via Bluetooth and I happen to have another headphone device connect to my phone and it somehow made my PCM malfunction once I got an incoming call and now my car thinks that it does not have a Bluetooth module in the car? Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome. 

I have already taken it to my local Porsche dealer and they recommended to replace the whole PCM which in my book is an odd recommendation and not a solution. 

I would like to activate my Bluetooth service as it seems it might be a recoding scenario 

in the pictures i posted shows how clicking on "Activate Bluetooth " does nothing and says in a blue font bellow the screen that the "function not available"

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

Hi, i have the same problem on my cayenne. One thing is strange, if i start the car in the morning it says Phone not available. After a short drive (the car is warmer) when i turn on the engine it stats working. Not sure if it is related to the interior temperature but in 90% the cases the phone module stats working.

Any thought, maybe a weak contact on the phone module? Does anyone know where the phone module is located?

Try to reset PCM, or pull battery cable and leave off for an hour or two.  Hope this helps.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Alexis Pelezo
      I have an intermittent static issue. It seems to originate from my center speaker near the clock on my dashboard. When the suspension is lowered it it more prevalent but it also happens before I even start my car. There could be weeks between hearing it and other times it will go on for hours. I suspect I have a loose wire in the amplifier? Is this an issue anyone else has ran into? 
    • By OscarAH1W
      Greetings all... Over in the Cayenne section there is a post about the PCM System error: UNKNOWN UNKNOWN UNKNOWN UNKNOWN UNKNOWN UNKNOWN UNKNOWN when starting the system up... no ultimate resolution but the consensus for the cause is a break in the line... I have a 2004 Turbo Cab and installed a MoBridge system and have had ZERO issues.  My Parents have a 2004 Turbo Cab where the previous owner went cheap with either the Nav-Tv adapter, the installation, or BOTH (But when you get an otherwise pristine Turbo Cab with 28,000 miles for $42K, you don't nickel and dime).  The installer unplugged the CD changer and pulled the plug off of the fiber optic wires (that plugged into the changer) using a line break splice to plug the two wires together instead of plugging in a loop per the NAV-TV instructions.  I bought both male and female loops so that I could put the vehicle cables into a new plug and install the other plug with the loop.  Since the issue isn't resolved (but the audio works so this has to be the "break") I have to assume it isn't getting a good connection.  Upon closer examination, the fiber optic cable ends on the loops are gold metal and shorter than the plastic ends in the car loop.  This end difference prevents the plastic ends from seating far enough into the plug to make a good connection.  Any advice on how to either replace the ends, or a part number for the original Porsche plug that I could match with a different loop?  I am thinking that Porsche probably have a plug that goes into the CD Changer MOST connector for vehicles that don't have the changer installed...Thanks!!
    • By Pxwguad
      Hey guys and gals I have a 2010 Porsche Cayenne base and I’m having trouble connecting my IPhone 6S Plus to my PCM running software version 1.47. Now I know that Apple phones don’t accept the sim access profile, but I can’t figure out how to switch the PCM over to Hands free profile. I went to my local Porsche dealer here in Tucson, AZ today and  I told them that I had read online that they should be able to switch my PCM from SAP to HFP, but after 1 1/2 hours of trying they said that the couldn’t find how to switch it over. Any suggestions? Can it be changed using a durametric? Should I talk to another dealer in Phoenix? Any suggestion or insight will help. Thanks in advance.
    • By danish
      I replced the CDR23 with Seicane Android HU.  It comes with Canbus adapter and I purchaed MOST adapter with it to make it work with factory Bose amp.
      The unit powers up fine, but the MOST adapter needs to have power to work.  Any suggestion where can I connect the three wires listed in the pic to?  I assume the main socket that was connected to the CDR23 has power, but don’t know which wire is which.  How easy would it be to get power from lighter adapter aux?  I am planning to replace that lighter adapter with USB port for the HU as well.

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.