Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• Moderators

Hi Ford...   I use jackstands under chassis mounting points of the inner ends of the lower control arms.  I first lift both sides of the front end fairly evenly with two floor jacks under the factory provided lift points on the rockers, then place the jackstands.  I cushion the jackstands with hockey pucks before placing them under the control arm mounting points.  I use the same process for the rear end.  If you have air suspension, don't forget to disable the self leveling action by holding down the suspension lowering button with the ignition on for about 30 seconds until you see the deactivation message in the driver's info display.  When you are done, another 30 second push will reactivate the suspension. 

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

I have an update to my post above about the jack stand points for under car work on the Macan.  To do an oil change, you have to remove the rather large fiber composite under tray from under the engine/sump.  The under tray extends back and right around the inner mount points for the lower front control arms where I recommended putting jack stands.  Depending on your jack stands, it may be difficult or impossible to remove the under tray after the car is resting on the jack stands since, in my case, the hockey pucks overlap the under tray.  My solution is to use ramps to lift the front, then remove the under tray, then if necessary lift the whole thing to jack stands.  My driveway slopes down from the garage so putting the Macan in the garage backward and putting the ramps on the down slope leaves the car near horizontal for a good oil drain.

Alternatively, if the RennStand ever comes to the market, I'll be using them.  I'm on their notify list.  It's a better, height adjustable, version of a jack point stand.

http://www.rennstand.com/

• 1 year later...

The RENNSTANDs are the safe and efficient solution and they're in production. They even have jack pads specifically for the Macan.  I purchased four but you can get away with two, using them first on the front jacking points and then conventional jack stands with polyurethane protective pads on the yokes for the rear jacking points.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 years later...