Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

What is anyone's oil consumption? I put at least 2 litres of 5w/40 oil in 4,000km before just recently changing oil and filter for 10w/40. 

I did find some oil leaking from the block behind the alternator, I put some gasket sealer on there and the leak stopped. 

I don't know if my running issues are exacerbating the oil consumption or not as I have yet to really find the smoking gun. 

Start up there is no blue smoke, on hard acceleration I don't see any smog behind me, I do get a strong sulphur cat smell when I redline it through the gears up to 160kph. 

That makes me feel a bit better as I was a little concerned, thought I might be looking at another problem to search for.  

The 2012 Golf R I had before like to burn a bit of oil as well, I think 1 litre in 4000km, my current 2013 Audi 3.0t I never topped up the oil between 15,000km oil service interval which is very good really. But this i guess shows that different engine have very different oil consumption behaviour. 

Here is the section advising about normal oil consumption on turbo...

8d6c922ad47225e1fc050c5ee4759786.jpg

You could almost say this beast drinks as much oil as it does gasoline (petrol) to us British. I almost tow a fuel station behind in case I have to go over 15 mph [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, angusc said:

Here is the section advising about normal oil consumption on turbo...

8d6c922ad47225e1fc050c5ee4759786.jpg

You could almost say this beast drinks as much oil as it does gasoline (petrol) to us British. I almost tow a fuel station behind in case I have to go over 15 mph emoji23.png

These are none turbo engines and still high consumption figures. Omg. 

Shifting this topic what are peoples fuel consumption figures like?

I ran the cruise at 138kph and then reset the trip, below is the figures.  

Converted Thats 19.5 mpg UK or 16.2 mpg US. 

Still never seen more than 400 km per tank!

IMG_20161119_072419.png

I'm in the UK but also drive it a lot over in Europe on long runs of 800-900 miles. Around home I'm getting around 18.7 mpg (UK) gallons. On the run I might see around 23.8 mpg (UK) from my 2006 CTT. Doesn't CTT= Cayenne Twin Turbo?

Looking at your screen shot remind me of another question, does anyone know how to change the KM or MPH display on the PCM maps display? My car is originally from Germany so LHD and in KMs. I changed the dashboard display when in UK to MPH via the main dash computer but it didn't change the PCM navigation or trip computer figures.

1 hour ago, angusc said:

I'm in the UK but also drive it a lot over in Europe on long runs of 800-900 miles. Around home I'm getting around 18.7 mpg (UK) gallons. On the run I might see around 23.8 mpg (UK) from my 2006 CTT. Doesn't CTT= Cayenne Twin Turbo?

Looking at your screen shot remind me of another question, does anyone know how to change the KM or MPH display on the PCM maps display? My car is originally from Germany so LHD and in KMs. I changed the dashboard display when in UK to MPH via the main dash computer but it didn't change the PCM navigation or trip computer figures.

CTT yes cayenne twin turbo, mines also a 06 with the E81 power kit giving 500bhp from factory. 

Your figures of 23.8 mpg UK is very good, most people get less than 20 mpg UK and 13mpg us. 

I bet having the AC off and the high or medium cruising speeds heavily affect what you can stretch out of a tank full on long runs in this thirsty Be-ach. 

Changing the pcm units I will check mine to see if any option to change, it's probably set in the maps CD drive settings maybe not able to change with UK map CD. 

I think we have quite similar engines Lewis and we get similar mileage – combined city/highway is usually 14.5 l/100km range, best on the highway is around 11.0, drive it hard and it can be as bad as you want it to be! Also, I have the PCM 2.0, but it also has the option to change units.