Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Oil level monitoring failure PSM failure

I have a 2006 Porsche Cayenne 4.5 V8 Turbo.in the Cluster comes now the Message oil level monitoring failure and PSM Failure. I replaced the Level sensor but I still have the Message. what means PSM failure and had someone an idea how to fix it?

39 minutes ago, thor1974 said:

I have a 2006 Porsche Cayenne 4.5 V8 Turbo.in the Cluster comes now the Message oil level monitoring failure and PSM Failure. I replaced the Level sensor but I still have the Message. what means PSM failure and had someone an idea how to fix it?

Sounds like you have a battery voltage issue maybe, I think your warnings and psm are ghost faults caused by something else hence why a new level sensor didn't fix the problem. If you haven't already got diagnostic tool aka Durametrics I suggest you invest $200-300. 

1 hour ago, thor1974 said:

I drove the Porsche now but I still get the message oil level monitoring failure and PSM failure

I had a similar problem. Reason was a faulty lock mechanism on the hood. When oil warning light appears and you fill up oil and open and close the hood for this reason light should go out.

try to take out this fuse for a moment and put it back. Start the car and see what happens with your warnings

7 hours ago, thor1974 said:

I drove now 25 miles with the Car and  sometimes you hear how the ABS Module starts working and the PSM starts flashing. the same I have  now with the other Porsche too

Assuming your tyres and wheels are all the same sizes and even wear rates and even tyre brand not mixed up on same axle? Then your likely having a wheel speed sensor intermittent fault. The fuse blown or missing would not be intermittent. 

I would start with this as it likely the cheapest solution Fix, sometimes just dirt on the sensor or in the slots of the pickup ring can do this. Remove them and clean and refit and test. 

If you have software you can check the sensor on each Wheel. 

ok will do that. But now I have the next Problem. the rpm goes up and down and sometimes stall the Engine. I checked all vacuum hoses but nothing. I read out the ECU and get follow codes. P1095, P2178, P2180.

by the P1095 I get different solutions changing Mass air flow sensor or that

17503 - Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Position Sensor (G336)
            P1095 - 008 - Short to Plus
17503 - Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Position Sensor (G336)
            P1095 - 008 - Short to Plus
Readiness: 0010 1101

where is that Valve?

• 6 years later...

yes i have a 2006 Porsche cayenne and i am going throw hell with it but i got the same thing the oil level monitoring failure and the psm as well i have changed the oil and filter i have changed all the brakes and were Sencers and it won't start when it says to press the brake and when you do nothing happens thought the brake switch was bad but the brake light work when you press them down and also when you turn the key the shifter can move without pressing the brake and when i hook up my odb2 scanner it says link error i Cheak all fuses they was good the ecm relay tested it and its good but when you turn the key it doesn't click to run ecm but all so when you turn key on the cooling fans will kick on and run i checked the wires that run under the drivers feet under the mat wires looked good and something i seen when you turn the key on and when the shifter can move freely the indicator for the gears and what position the 1throw 6 are not highlighted but the p r n d symbols are all highlighted you turn the key and it says to press the brake but it won't turn over any thought would be very Mutch apricated love the ride but dam