Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need help! (Bay Area CA member)

Hi there,

New member here, but I'm hoping to be come a more active part of the forum. I have a 2015 Macan Turbo and need help via PIWIS. Here's what I need:

(1) Access to PIWIS schematic diagrams of the Macan interior, which will help me install some oem interior pieces I had coated in carbon fiber (i.e. the smoking package lid, parking brake panel in the console, steering column surrounds and gauge cluster surrounds, sports chrono panel on top of dash, etc.)

(2) Anyone who has PIWIS 2 or later or knows a shop that has PIWIS and is willing to use it to help me lower the car (my car has air suspension)

I'm more than willing to take care of the 1st one if someone can help me to figure out how to become a supporting member so that I can access PIWIS??? 

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, cpd slk said:

Hi there,

New member here, but I'm hoping to be come a more active part of the forum. I have a 2015 Macan Turbo and need help via PIWIS. Here's what I need:

(1) Access to PIWIS schematic diagrams of the Macan interior, which will help me install some oem interior pieces I had coated in carbon fiber (i.e. the smoking package lid, parking brake panel in the console, steering column surrounds and gauge cluster surrounds, sports chrono panel on top of dash, etc.)

(2) Anyone who has PIWIS 2 or later or knows a shop that has PIWIS and is willing to use it to help me lower the car (my car has air suspension)

I'm more than willing to take care of the 1st one if someone can help me to figure out how to become a supporting member so that I can access PIWIS??? 

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to RennTech :welcomeani:

You can become a contributing member by donation, by taping on the "donate" icon at the top of the page.

Becoming a contributing member does not give you access to the PIWIS system, which is Porsche's factory diagnostics system.  To personally acquire a PIWIS, you need to contact Porsche directly, and be prepared to cover the first year's lease cost of $20,000.

An alternative it to subscribe to Porsche's TSI online service, which would give you access to their copyrighted service information, such as interior assembly diagrams.

Thanks for the response and welcome! So did I understand incorrectly then? Someone told me that I would be able to gain access through this forum to the interior schematics once I become a payign member? Is there a database other than PIWIS I need to access?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, cpd slk said:

Thanks for the response and welcome! So did I understand incorrectly then? Someone told me that I would be able to gain access through this forum to the interior schematics once I become a payign member? Is there a database other than PIWIS I need to access?

All schematics, assembly diagrams, etc., are the copyrighted intellectual property of Porsche and therefore cannot be reproduced without their express written permission; which they do not give to anybody. If RennTech were to reproduce any of this information, we would be in direct violation of their copyright, which they aggressively protect through on going legal action against those that violate those rights.  So no, you will not find that information here.

Again, PIWIS is not a database, but a diagnostic software system used to work on Porsche vehicles.  Imbedded in the system is access to Porsche's TSI database for those with PIWIS leases.  You can obtain (via subscription only) access to the TSI information system with out leasing a PIWIS system by contacting Porsche directly and setting up an online account.  Subscription fees vary according to how often you use the system, so you could get access to just a few pages of information for a fee, or total anytime access for a larger fee. 

Actually Porsche also refers to their tech site as PIWIS too however one can no longer lease a PIWIS 2 unit as Porsche has discontinued support of it as of January 31 2017 and the last update was a couple months prior 18.1 and Porsche highly restricts access to their tech site.

By interior schematics  are you referring to exploded views of the parts separate from each other or the actual wiring diagrams?

Either way it's usually better to become a contributing member of RENNTECH and others members are more eager to assist you.  Also if you can PM or email me a dnI can see about trying to direct you to thebl correct information 

Edited by Porschelibrarian

Thanks all! Just contributed :)

Yes I need instructions/schematics that will help me with the install of the interior parts mentioned above. 

PM on the way Porschelibrarian 

Can anyone else tell me more about where to find that info? Would it be PIWIS TSI? I went online to start an acct for the POrsche PIWIS access, but it doesn't say how much I'll pay?