Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

DSS aluminium driveshaft, which IMO is what everyone should be doing if nothing more than for the lifetime fix. Funny you didn't say transmission because that's usually what people assume first. LOL, I have a plan for everything. 

• Upvote 1

I recently completed a rebuild on my 04 CTT after burning up 2 cylinders. I figured in for a penny in for a pound (more like $12K), and went full hog, or porker in this case. The rebuild kit resulted in an over-bored block with bigger pistons. While we were in there we swapped out the intercoolers for CTT S types. We found the right front cat had rotted out so changed the exhaust to a high flow sport exhaust and bypassed the rear cats. The truck already had a cold air intake system so just retuned everything with a custom flash. The throttle response is instant now, lag is nearly 0. The boost comes on hard from 2000 RPM and below that with PSM turned off. Haven't dynoed it yet, but running side by side with my partner in my 996TT, it's a dead heat. Worst part is 500 miles later the right rear half shaft gave up, then the left front at 1000 miles. Big power means upgraded driveline. Next up, driveshaft from Lindsey Racing and some bigger brakes!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. Haney said:

DSS aluminium driveshaft, which IMO is what everyone should be doing if nothing more than for the lifetime fix. Funny you didn't say transmission because that's usually what people assume first. LOL, I have a plan for everything. 

Alu .... Sweet. 

The transmission gets a bad rep but really they are very reliable, the solenoids on the valve body being the real weak link. 

Porsche gave it a life time no maintenance schedule, I scoff at anything that claims life time, the manufacturers translation of life time is just to the end of their warranty period and not a day longer.

Scandalous like the trump presidency, #Trump the Russian puppet lol. 

• Upvote 1

Yes as always Mr. Weller is spot on! So far the tranny and transfer caseand diffs have held up well without issue. Tiptronic was always sloppy anyway but I think that has more to do with the software and valve body than the robustness of the basic ZF unit. And yes,Trump is an idiot and Putin's puppet!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GSpence2 said:

I recently completed a rebuild on my 04 CTT after burning up 2 cylinders. I figured in for a penny in for a pound (more like $12K), and went full hog, or porker in this case. The rebuild kit resulted in an over-bored block with bigger pistons. While we were in there we swapped out the intercoolers for CTT S types. We found the right front cat had rotted out so changed the exhaust to a high flow sport exhaust and bypassed the rear cats. The truck already had a cold air intake system so just retuned everything with a custom flash. The throttle response is instant now, lag is nearly 0. The boost comes on hard from 2000 RPM and below that with PSM turned off. Haven't dynoed it yet, but running side by side with my partner in my 996TT, it's a dead heat. Worst part is 500 miles later the right rear half shaft gave up, then the left front at 1000 miles. Big power means upgraded driveline. Next up, driveshaft from Lindsey Racing and some bigger brakes!

It's not cheap! I had steel sleeves installed. Cp pistons, Pauter rods, 3.70 bore which is only like .034 larger.

2 hours ago, lewisweller said:

Alu .... Sweet. 

The transmission gets a bad rep but really they are very reliable, the solenoids on the valve body being the real weak link. 

Porsche gave it a life time no maintenance schedule, I scoff at anything that claims life time, the manufacturers translation of life time is just to the end of their warranty period and not a day longer.

Scandalous like the trump presidency, #Trump the Russian puppet lol. 

I don't expect any trouble from the trans until around 800 hp. I am doing the valve body and had a converter built with the stock stall speed for now.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

I have a build thread going over on Rennlist if anybody is interested. Lots of details. I am getting ready to do a first start in the next week and then I will have some time to add to the thread and bring it up to speed.  Be sure to check out my Gofundme campaign for Syvecs engine managment plug and play kit development and share with everyone you can if you please:)

Love this forum a whole lot but due to legalities, rules, and content in my posts, I felt the effort was better served over there. If you like the subject of a performance Cayenne this build is for you. Even if you don't, you can probably find some usefull information in there. The thread will be ongoing throughout my ownership and doesn't stop with the finishing of my build!

https://www.gofundme.com/syvecs-pnp-kit-porsche-955-cayenne

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-cayenne-forum/1006166-2004-cayenne-955-turbo-upgrade-build-thread-custom-manifolds-bw-efr-7163-s.html

Cheers!

Edited by Mr. Haney