Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Can I fit a GT3 wing on a C2 Cab?

My car is a 996 Cab. I’m looking to make it a gt3 look alike but according to Dealer the coupe and the Convertibles have different deck lid sizes. Is that correct. If so anyone know the dimensions? Looking to get the 996 Cup Wing and Decklid. Thank you for all input.

So if I wanted to do it I’d have to get the front spoiler as well

6 hours ago, Loren said:

Possibly - but IMHO you don't want to do that.

Porsche front spoilers and rear spoilers are matched set - to keep the car from being to light at the front or rear. An imbalance of the spoilers can cause a very unusual (read BAD) handling at speed.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:20 AM, Alex Chardy said:

So if I wanted to do it I’d have to get the front spoiler as well

As a previous cab owner myself, the Porsche OEM GT3 rear wing will not work on cabriolets because the cam shell will hit the wing while trying to open the convertible top. Loren is also right, Porsche strongly recommends matching the correct GT3 rear wing with the front GT3 aero front bumper. Downforce is balanced across the entire car. An imbalance at high speed could be very dangerous. 

I don't mean to start an argument with this, but just adding some info.  My '04 Cab has the optional factory side skirts and rear wing.  I have studied the 2004 Cab option list and apparently no front spoiler was available so this is as close as the original purchaser could come to buying an "aerokit" for this car.  Porsche must have considered this combination of parts OK w/o a front spoiler.

I also question whether the aero imbalance issue is relevant at normal speeds and might only come into play at Autobahn speeds (as in 100 MPH plus)?

23 hours ago, rockhouse66 said:

I don't mean to start an argument with this, but just adding some info.  My '04 Cab has the optional factory side skirts and rear wing.  I have studied the 2004 Cab option list and apparently no front spoiler was available so this is as close as the original purchaser could come to buying an "aerokit" for this car.  Porsche must have considered this combination of parts OK w/o a front spoiler.

I also question whether the aero imbalance issue is relevant at normal speeds and might only come into play at Autobahn speeds (as in 100 MPH plus)?

You're not being contentious at all. This is what forums are about. Love to see your rear wing. Are you talking about the "Carrera Rear Spoiler" that is cross capable to the Coupe? 

Here a link for ref. - 

The "carrera rear spoiler" doesn't require the aero front bumper... At least by Porsche standards. But The OP is referring to the GT3 aero kit II rear wing. The GT3 front aero bumper and rear wing should be installed at the same time. Of course, the side skirt have little effect, but do make the car look complete IMHO. But it's important to mention again that the GT3 aero rear wing is not compatible with Cabriolets. The clam shell won't be able to open.

19 hours ago, rockhouse66 said:

My spoiler is a factory XAG option code, described simply as "Carrera Spoiler" on the build sheet. Looks like this:

DSC09821.JPG

Wow... Beautiful car. Love that color! And the side skirts and Carrera rear spoiler really make the car unique. Be thankful, that rear spoiler is very expensive and is the one I linked to on Suncoast Porsche's website. But as mentioned before, the aero requirements are not the same as the GT3 Aero kit II. Porsche strongly recommends you at least get the matching GT3 rear wing if you install the aero GT3 front bumper... or vice versa. Happy motoring! Perfect car for the NC mountains!