Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Bat-looking dash piece

I am getting that doncapecod bug. I ordered the trim piece (that looks like a bat) that fits in the lowermost portion of the middle dash and I am wondering if its an easy DIY thing and perhaps some step-by-step instructions. I ordered from UK prestige parts, and it has the PORSCHE logo on it. I think it will look cool. Thanks a lot!

Don't pry it. stick your hand in the storage tray and pull it right our. Then you have access to the batwing where you can push it out evenly. It's just plastic.

If you get a plain silver one you can put on any color PORSCHE logo by buying a set of brake caliper decals....just a thought. I had a silver logo on a CF batwing, but changed to the "911" I put the silver PORSCHE logo on the CF piece.

standard.jpg

• Admin

Kirby,

There are at least 6 different part numbers depending on what you want. A plain (no switches) black one like in Don's pic, a 2 switch version, a 4 switch version, and various leather or CF trims. Tell me what you want and I'll post the part number.

I am in the process of changing mine at the moment. I got a quote of £69 from my porsche dealer for a boxster red one covered in leather. The dealers don't do any other coloured variants. You can only get plain black plastic ones otherwise for £3. I decided to buy one of these and customise it myself-it cant be that difficult to spray paint it and add a decal like Don has!!

• 8 months later...
I am in the process of changing mine at the moment. I got a quote of £69 from my porsche dealer for a boxster red one covered in leather. The dealers don't do any other coloured variants. You can only get plain black plastic ones otherwise for £3. I decided to buy one of these and customise it myself-it cant be that difficult to spray paint it and add a decal like Don has!!

Hi, the 996 Millennium Edition has a natural brown leather one with "911" on it, if that helps...

• 4 years later...

As I do more mods I find that having a picture of the back of a trim piece helps a lot in trying to figure out where to pull, snap, pry, etc. I got my new batwing today so I'm including a pic of the back, maybe it'll help someone when they are doing their own projects:

post-35679-1227896049_thumb.jpg

Alex