Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

wiper inserts

I almost always buy my car parts from Sunset but for my wipers last summer I got them on Amazon being sold directly from Bosch.  It was cheaper and faster (love them or hate them, it's hard to beat Amazon especially now with the delays with USPS and others).

If you go the Amazon route just be careful if it's a 3rd party seller as the sellers can cycle as inventory changes dynamically and it's easy to miss.  I guess not a lot of harm could come from non-OE or fake wiper blades compared to other kinds of parts but I tend to avoid uncontrolled supply chains anyway just out of principle.

Edited by Silver_TT

Well ive called Sunset now about 5 times between Friday and now.  All ive gotten is a voicemail.  So, it leads me to think no-one is home or they they don't have enough help.  Either way, im a little old school , I just prefer to talk to a human.  Gonna run to O' Reilly to another local when I go out.

Your call, but I like having wipers that work well and the OE are good.  I would use the Sunset website and place your order there.  They are always super busy when you try to call, and they are on the west coast so don't try to call too early.  The only time I call is if I need something overnighted and want to be sure it ships ASAP (very rare).... or if I have a specific question that the website can't answer -- which is also pretty rare

WWW.SUNSETPORSCHEPARTS.COM

Find genuine OEM Porsche Parts direct from sunsetporscheparts.com at unbeatable prices. Also find Porsche Drivers Selection gear and accessories. Shop Securely Now.

Yes.  They do offer a Renntech discount (just another way this website has saved me a fortune) -- you will need to call probably to get that added the first time only.   They also sell Audi parts too in case you have one of those.  They are awesome, very friendly and full access to dealer network of information so giving them your VIN they will have you locked-in to the latest OE parts that are guaranteed to match your car.

You should ask them about shipping pricing while you're at it.  They always only charge me actual-ish shipping rates and they are a volume shipper so they get very good rates.  I ordered a few thousand dollars of hardware from them last summer including heavy parts like brake rotors.... I wouldn't be able to go to the UPS or FexEx website and get a better rate than they gave me.  I think they shipped it all for like $150 and it was so heavy the UPS driver, who I am friendly with, had to bring it up on a dolly and was like "dood, what in the heck do you have in these boxes? a bunch of bricks?" haha

Edited by Silver_TT

ok, per Luke no renntech or PCA discount. they've already got that built in.  He says 1 week even though the web est. is 2 weeks.  

Edited by WTL

Maybe Luke is new.  Not the end of the world on wiper blades, he’s right the website is already cheap compared to a dealer for the exact same parts but the renn tech discount is about, I dunno, 3% under what the website shows … don’t sweat it this time on $30 wipers but definitely ask again next time you place an order

19 hours ago, Silver_TT said:

Maybe Luke is new.  Not the end of the world on wiper blades, he’s right the website is already cheap compared to a dealer for the exact same parts but the renn tech discount is about, I dunno, 3% under what the website shows … don’t sweat it this time on $30 wipers but definitely ask again next time you place an order

Got it on the no big deal - righto.  Last kink in the process - i tried 2 browsers on different computers and the order would not go through.  I think its a PayPal / browser issue / new security-cookies thing.  I had tried deleting history, etc. and no go.  All my info was good and Paypal ok too, just would not go through.  Finally got Luke on the line and after working through w/ him and still not working, I asked if he could send a request to me through PayPal.  He was happy to and it worked.

Nice C/S.  A+ for effort on his part.  Good to see that !!

Yes they are very friendly and helpful.  That is something very hard to find today but especially in this industry.

So when you find a good gig like Sunset offering OE products for rock bottom prices with a friendly attitude and good customer service, you stick with the winning team....... strong work

Seems like things might have changed.  Just called to order a coolant tank reservoir for my Audi and they told me the tax laws changed, everything must go through the website, and that's the pricing.  So this may be the end of the Renn Tech discount.  Not the end of the world, the pricing wasn't all that much different...........

So things changed and it's all online now but you just need to create an account and have them apply the discount terms to your account.  Seems you need to get the "right person" to do this... the first person told me the same thing you got from Luke.. but then more recently they told me it was no problem to modify my account for the same discount I have always gotten (dates back to Renn Tech) when I asked them about this and pointed out I have bought tens of thousands of dollars of equipment from them over 20 years.  They were super nice about it just like they always have been, he said they are just going through some bumps having to do everything online, they have a ton of volume, and had some personnel turn over.  Still a great place to buy parts.  Anyway, just stick with it as far as getting the discount terms applied and once they adjust your account you are good to go forever......

Edited by Silver_TT