Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Central Locking System Issue- some help please

When I go to lock the car, with either the fob or with the key in the door, I get a double beep indicating an issue with the central locking system.

A little further investigation and I find that the passenger door is not locking at all.

My friends scanner pulled the following information-

1.46 Central Locking Synchronization, Unsuccessful After Safe Locking
2.34 Passenger Compartment Monitoring Sensor, Short Test - No Answer, Short Circuit To B+/faulty
3.60 Central Locking Limit Position Locked Not Reached, Switch Position Implausible
4.54 Radio Receiver Faulty (I have an aftermarket radio).

So my thought is that the locking mechanism, or actuator on the passenger side needs to be dug into and I plan to pull the door apart.

BUT, here's the weird part- none of my windows work, except when operating the cabrio top.

Is the window operation somehow tied to the locking system, or the alarm system?

Thanks.

• Admin

The cab top does go through the central locking/alarm control box.

Have you cleared the codes and then seen what comes back?

What scanner are you using as those are not Porsche fault codes?

Has the car ever had a leak where the carpet (and control box) got wet?

Thanks for replying Loren.

Cleared the codes and the problem remains.

The scanner is my friends and I do not know what kind, only that it cost him around $1000. Did not have a chance to rerun a scan as he had limited time.

In the few years I've owned the car, there has never been a leak. The PO did not indicate it either (I bought it from a dealer, and contacted the PO after I found his name on the service records) so no reason to lie about it. He's been very helpful about the cars history.

I'm going to see my indie mechanic this week and have him pull the codes, before I spend around $500 on an OEM door latch.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, RJ'sGottaDrive said:

Strange that it's happing now, without any water intrusion lately. I don't even drive it in the rain and it's stored indoors.

Where is the control box located? I could check that myself.

Thank you.

Under the driver’s seat.

Fixed!

And a lesson I had to learn again.

Before I pulled the drivers seat, I checked to see what fuses or relays might be involved.

C3 was blown. That's for central locking/alarm, power windows, inside lights and convertible top.

There is another fuse for the top (top control) B1, so maybe that's why the top continued to operate.

If it blows again, I'll dig further into it, but for now, everything is operating as it should.

Next electrical issue- check the fuses first!

Thanks again to those who helped.