Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Anyone know a site that can read  durametric Codes?

My 991 has pulled the  PSM /Auto Start/Stop function not working dash warning and  runs like crap

and durametric codes are  not in any of my books or online searches?

Thanks much!

Engine Module,

C0600

No Signal

Can Gateway,

Terminal 30 reset

PSM/ABS,

28688 / 7010

Warning Indicator Off

28672 / 7000

Warning Indicator Off

Body Control Module Front

8784651 / 860b0b

Electr. Ignition switch 6  Open Circuit

• Moderators

The first code:  

Engine Module,

C0600

No Signal

I believe it is the fault for CAN bus time out due to implausible signal or lack of signal; usually this is an open circuit or wiring short type issue.  If I am correct, the rest of the faults can be triggered by that fault, and the engine has gone into the "limp" mode.  I'd start by clearing all codes and see what comes back.

Yup Cleared the codes ,drives fine for a few miles.  then PSM warning.... auto start /stop ..   then awful shudder mode.. 

Safe to drive message on but awful drive!

Getting a OBD2 generic P0265 Code..  but goes on and off with the car different times. but nothing on the durametric?

P car Dealer is Jan5th soonest...   I want to fix this myself.   brake switch in my research with all models Porsche  970?.?   

Edited by dporsche74

• Moderators

P0265 is a code for a fuel injection issue, but that can be caused by the limp mode.  My concern is this: Your car had multiple systems the communicate exclusively over CAN Bus, if there is truly a bus signal issue, it is not going to be easy to identify and correct without access to a PIWIS system.  I would suggest you contact your local Porsche Club branch for an indie with a PIWIS system that can get you in sooner.  This is not something you are going to correct with random parts swapping.

• Upvote 1

Well the durametric seems completely useless for the 991..   

Two times the 991 has had problems i  could not diagnose.  and dealer had to.. 

What is a good reader for the Porsche now?

I have a month to wait for dealer with a broken  not running  Porsche 911.. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dporsche74 said:

Well the durametric seems completely useless for the 991..   

Two times the 991 has had problems i  could not diagnose.  and dealer had to.. 

What is a good reader for the Porsche now?

I have a month to wait for dealer with a broken  not running  Porsche 911.. 

The Durametric is as good as it gets, perhaps 80-90% of what the factory system can do; the only thing better is the PIWIS, which is a lease only system starting at $20,000 for the first year.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dporsche74 said:

Thx Jeff..   What about this Icarsoft POR

Questionable at best.  We looked at two the various iterations of this system in my shop and found it lacking each time.  While it does seem access some Porsche systems, many of the "claimed" capabilities were described by their rep as would be "added in a future update" when we couldn't get the system to work as described.  I for one am not overly impressed by that type of performance; the tool either works, or it doesn't.

• 4 weeks later...

Update for others with 991 .. ... My car needed Porsche dealer Software Update for the no run mode

It Needed the DME and PDK Sport plus Software updates. 40.550.045
with the Fuel Leak module replace pressure switch and filter and computer update

All Free of charge.. which is the lucky Friday 13th for me !!