Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Working On OBC Hack, Need Help

Hello all. I'm working on the OBC hack to use the stalk. I've already got the 4-stalk assembly installed, but was missing parts for the wiring harness so it could not be completed at that time. So, I ordered the connector that I needed to finish building the wiring harness and it came in the mail yesterday. I'm having a few things done to the car on Wednesday of this week so I wanted to have the harness built so that they could plug in the connector at that time. I ordered part # 999-650-056-40 from a dealer, but unbeknownst to me, I was shipped the "replacement part" for the part # that I ordered- replacement part # 999-650-513-40. I confirmed with the local dealer that this is the correct replacement part. Problem is, I can't figure out how in the world this part will work. The needed part is an electrical connector. The part that they shipped looks to be half of a connector. Does anyone have any idea of what I need to do or what an alternative is? Evidently, the original part is not available at all anymore. I really want the OBC installed and working with the stalk.

Thanks in advance! Nick

• Moderators

I think it was Paul or someone else from the UK who reported a year or so ago that Porsche changed the part number and the style of the connector, but this had not yet happened in the US.

We use to order the connector 999 650 056 40 and the cover for the connector 999 650 056 56 that is shown on the right. It was black and there were 2 parts. I use to buy the identical parts from BMW.

The last few times I was at BMW BMW had changed the part. It was now blue and the cover was attached to the connector, so there was only one part to buy. That is the one on the right, but I have removed the cover so that it is in 2 pieces. I think Porsche has also switched to this style connector except the color is black.

The blue style connector works fine. In the second picture I have used it to make a harness.

post-4-1134498769_thumb.jpg

post-4-1134498800_thumb.jpg