Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help!

:help:

Was getting codes P1124 and p1126, (P102 disappeared after replacing the MAF two months ago). Found a small air leak on the S shaped hose top of the air separator. Though that problem was solved till today CEL came on and read (using generic OBDII scanner) P1124-P1126, P0134 -cylinder 1-3 interruption of signal and P0154 cyl 4-6 interruption of signal. Also p1124 (maf :cursing: ).

Will order the sensors (overnight delivery to do the job this weekend). Along with this I am also hearing an intermittent buzzing noise on the dash somewhere to the right. When it happens the idle speed takes a dive to almost zero. Do I have a short on the air bag or the sensor at the right under the vent? What else could it be and how to check them (other than putting my ear to the dash :wacko: or disconnecting them somehow to see if the noise goes away) -Noice comes at high speed or heavy traffic

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Rolando

Edited by Loren

Rolando

A short while ago, I had a few problems with my '00 Boxster 2.7, one of them related to air vent for fuel system. The CEL I had was P0446 along with P1128 & P1130. One of the symptoms I had was a "howling" sound from the gas cap area. It sounded like a whilstling, which gets louder at higher speed. I can hear it when I leave the car at idle, coming from a small vent hole toward the front of car on the fueling area. Not sure if this is your case but worth checking out.

Andy

• Admin

Very odd... Have you had any muffler or exhaust work done? Those codes (P0134 and P0154) say that both O2 sensors BEFORE the cats are not connected or the DME is bad. If both P0134 and P0154 are stored at the same time then there is an open circuit to the common sensor ground.

The other codes may be a result of no O2 sensors to read the mixture control.

Very odd... Have you had any muffler or exhaust work done? Those codes (P0134 and P0154) say that both O2 sensors BEFORE the cats are not connected or the DME is bad. If both P0134 and P0154 are stored at the same time then there is an open circuit to the common sensor ground.

The other codes may be a result of no O2 sensors to read the mixture control.

Thanks; no work was done arround muffer or exast. Yesterday I replaced the Oxygen sensors (before cat) and I also found broken hose below oil separator (may have been only responsible for all fuel mixture codes). Things looked ok till today when the car was hard to start. Code today P1602 (voltage supply open circuit) -second time seeing this code.

I can't find any topics dealing with this problem.

Rolando

I'm getting a strong feeling that buying this very nice looking but unreliable car was a poor decision. ~Very frustrating quite different experience than with my old Benz :( .

Edited by Rolando