Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 turbo bumper

I am going to fit a turbo rear bumper fender etc to my 2001 carrera 2 coupe. Seen this done on here a few times & they don,t look bad, however i am thinking of cutting it in half & removing 1" in the centre & bonding it back together. Any feedback would be appreciated .

Forgot to say that is so it fits 100%, . Also got the MASHAW 996 clubsport rear boot & wing + a MASHAW replica front turbo PU spoiler. May post pics on here as i go along, Mods will be. Make your own sports mufflers for $25, DIY Induction kit. $20, Fitting some nice sideskirts, Front bumper fit & any problems, Rear wing fit & is it any good. + the turbo rear bumper. Any feedback would be appreciated so i know that someone is interested in mods, & not just fault codes dog seats & my clutch is slipping, . Some pics of the skyline i have just sold after 6yrs of ownership. Rattly jap thing but unbelievable 650 B.H.P of pure adenalin. See.??????????/ (mick from durham) ste took me out in skyline to coast last night. I threw up twice on the way & could not move my legs when we got there, That thing should bee banned from the street..

post-8661-1138055494_thumb.jpg

Forgot to say that is so it fits 100%, . Also got the MASHAW 996 clubsport rear boot & wing + a MASHAW replica front turbo PU spoiler. May post pics on here as i go along, Mods will be. Make your own sports mufflers for $25, DIY Induction kit. $20, Fitting some nice sideskirts, Front bumper fit & any problems, Rear wing fit & is it any good. + the turbo rear bumper. Any feedback would be appreciated so i know that someone is interested in mods, & not just fault codes dog seats & my clutch is slipping, . Some pics of the skyline i have just sold after 6yrs of ownership. Rattly jap thing but unbelievable 650 B.H.P of pure adenalin. See.??????????/ (mick from durham) ste took me out in skyline to coast last night. I threw up twice on the way & could not move my legs when we got there, That thing should bee banned from the street..

Steve996. I have a newly painted in Bassalt Black Metalic original '02-'04 turbo rear bumper if you are interested. I'll let it go for $500.00 O.B.O. PM me if you are interested.

Edited by Gabo2k

Steve996. I have a newly painted in Bassalt Black Metalic original '02-'04 turbo rear bumper if you are interested. I'll let it go for $500.00 O.B.O. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks but i bid on one at e-bay with a few scratches on it, So thats the one i am going to butcher if i dare. Cheers.

Sorry did not realise about posting a picture of a different make was against rules. Oops

• 5 weeks later...
Got the bumper on. Just needs centre line filling & painting now. Fits very well.

Oh, looks good.

Please keep us posted as I might do the same.

Do you have any pictures of the cuts, and where?

I have a turbo rear bumper in my garage, I mind as well make use of it.

Thanks. :D

Yes see attached photos, Will put as many as i can on, Plenty more as i am doing a full workover an the car , All need to be painted but front is done with MASHAW turbo look bumper, Rear is just about done, MASHAW clubsport rear lid /spoiler is on & fits well, Just got gt3 side skirts aftermarket ones & there gonna be a sunbitch to fit so not sure on them yet, May have to splash out on some oem ones yet, Carrera wheels & bigest spacers i can fit + lowering springs, Oh & forgot silencers are off ready for bypass pipes welding in with some 1\2" stainless tube. Also air filter to play around with. Hope with about six weeks to post a finished car on here, Cheers Steve UK.

Yes see attached photos, Will put as many as i can on, Plenty more as i am doing a full workover an the car , All need to be painted but front is done with MASHAW turbo look bumper, Rear is just about done, MASHAW clubsport rear lid /spoiler is on & fits well, Just got gt3 side skirts aftermarket ones & there gonna be a sunbitch to fit so not sure on them yet, May have to splash out on some oem ones yet, Carrera wheels & bigest spacers i can fit + lowering springs, Oh & forgot silencers are off ready for bypass pipes welding in with some 1\2" stainless tube. Also air filter to play around with. Hope with about six weeks to post a finished car on here, . Front fits well now but MASHAW instructions were not good. Cheers Steve UK

Forgot to say to use the piece cut out. Cut into managable pieces & use plastic guttering solvent glue as this actually welds the surfaces together as opossed to just gluing the pieces together, Don,t sniff the stuff though it,s pretty strong, Ha ha unless you make a boo boo then its last resort, Take care , :eek:

post-8661-1140715883_thumb.jpg

post-8661-1140715928_thumb.jpg

post-8661-1140715947_thumb.jpg

post-8661-1140715964_thumb.jpg

post-8661-1140715977_thumb.jpg

post-8661-1140715995_thumb.jpg

post-8661-1140716011_thumb.jpg

post-8661-1140716025_thumb.jpg

post-8661-1140716277_thumb.jpg

post-8661-1140716344.jpg

post-8661-1140716356_thumb.jpg

Hi there stan. The exact amount is the strip you can see in the photo,s. It is 30mm I.E 15mm each side of the centre line. Will be getting the lot painted soon , Just finishing off the side skirts then all off to paint shop. Thats a none oem front bumper. Genuine rear TT bumper, Side skirts none oem, & lastly the huge MASHAW rear wing come lid. I must say i am a bit of a cheapskate as the whole thing has not cost very much. £80 rear bumper e-bay. £200 front bumper porscheclubgb member, £300 rear lid porscheclubgb member & £165 side skirts e-bay. Oh & a pair of used silencers to modify £19 e-bay. Not sure how much painting will be though, probably quite a lot. \cheers. Steve UK

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for the information and quick reply. I'm almost done accumulating the parts for my car. I'm still looking for MKII flared rockers and can't decide which rear spoiler/wing I like.

Please post pics of your completed project and I'll do the same.

Cheers,

Stan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi no not done a great deal for a couple of weeks. I have bought some genuine GT3 side skirts instead of the glass bibre ones i had but they are not any better in quality just that they are plastic so may be more flexible from kicks etc. The rear bumper needs four spacers placed under the edge where it sits along the trunk lid, about 3/8" as the turbo mumper is raised just there whereas the standard bumper is not. It could be some time before i actually finish the job , With work comittment & i am prepping my boat to sell. Cheers.. :D

• 2 months later...

Hi all , well the whole project grew, started as front & rear bumper conversion to turbo look. Now after this evening picking up the Gambella rear lid, i have all in place for a soon to be completed monstrosity , which is. Deep breath. Gambella rear lid spoiler, Modified turbo rear bumper, turbo front bumper, Gt3 side skirts, Zenon headlights, Lowered 30mm H&R springs, Wheel spacers, Carrera wheels, My own modified exhaust boxes with 1" by-pass pipes,(loud as hell) & other bits. Soon to be completed, I will post pics & sound clips if possible when done. Is there any other idiots out there that takes a perfectly good car to pieces just for the hell of it. Keep this thread alive. Regards Steve UK. P.S still messing with induction, No gain just a sh-t load more noise. Cheers...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At last all the parts have gone off to paint shop, While there away i will fit the lowering springs, Zenon lights, short shift kit & cold air filter bits. Can i post a thread on here so i can download the sound of the exhaust that i have modified myself as it is very loud & crisp, a lot louder than the PSE. Must get it finished soon or will miss british summer.

Nice one steve - be interested in seeing the finished article as I have the same project on the go - done the GT2 front end already :)

Any further pointers would be useful, but looks well within my grasp so far.

What exhaust mods did you do - I have PSE already but interested in what you did.

Whereabouts are you in UK then?

Cheers

Paul

Edited by PiG

Hi PiG

I am in leeds.

The exhaust mod was a result of basicaly copying the PSE but without the valves so on all time. I looked at the PSE ones & the link pipe is about 15mm dia. I made up the same pipes in stainless but used 25mm bore pipe. The sound is about 30% louder than the PSE with a real crack as you rev it. Are you narrowing a turbo rear bumper or buying one done. The rear job requires the purchase of the carrera 4s tail pipe bends & turbo tails but the tails need a shim wrapping round as the turbo tails are loose. Keep in touch. Just finished putting the 1st lowering spring on rear tonight. Try & do another over the weekend & fronts next week. Cheers..

Yes, doing a narrowing, much in the same way as yours. I am aware of the problem with the tips, but I was thinking about cutting new exits for the existing ones and blank out with fibreglass where necessary

Cheers

Paul