Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Dual DIN stereo/navigation in a 996 ?

Hi,

I was about to get a PCM 2 module from a 2003(?) turbo for $400 but the guy gave it to his cousin :( !

Anyway so that leaves me with this option .... I'm thinking of installing a dual DIN (double the height of a "regular" stereo) system replacing my current becker CDR-210. I'm ready to moving the AC controls lower (the cd trays area or the empty storage area) so that I can have an open area to accomodate the dual DIN unit.

How do I do this and what parts would I need ?

BTW, I'm thinking of the Eclipse AVN5435 system. Any other recommendations ?

I'm staying away from single DIN navigation systems since I think its pretty shabby to have a screen roll out and fold up. Prefer a cleaner solution.

cheers ! :cheers:

Sid

Edited by siddharth

Hi,

I was about to get a PCM 2 module from a 2003(?) turbo for $400 but the guy gave it to his cousin :( !

Anyway so that leaves me with this option .... I'm thinking of installing a dual DIN (double the height of a "regular" stereo) system replacing my current becker CDR-210. I'm ready to moving the AC controls lower (the cd trays area or the empty storage area) so that I can have an open area to accomodate the dual DIN unit.

How do I do this and what parts would I need ?

BTW, I'm thinking of the Eclipse AVN5435 system. Any other recommendations ?

I'm staying away from single DIN navigation systems since I think its pretty shabby to have a screen roll out and fold up. Prefer a cleaner solution.

cheers ! :cheers:

Sid

Anyone ?

• Admin
Wow ... I cannot believe nobody at renntech has tried this before ??!!

No offense meant to anyone, but does becoming a paying member improve my chances that someone replies ?

Cheers ! :cheers:

Sid

Well, everyone contributing or not can use the Search feature here... and when I searched for "double DIN" I got 17 results. Try looking a little further or use search before you complain... ;)

Wow ... I cannot believe nobody at renntech has tried this before ??!!

No offense meant to anyone, but does becoming a paying member improve my chances that someone replies ?

Cheers ! :cheers:

Sid

Well, everyone contributing or not can use the Search feature here... and when I searched for "double DIN" I got 17 results. Try looking a little further or use search before you complain... ;)

Aaagh ! I hate this ! I was searching for "dual DIN" ... and the only result was my original question itself ! searching for DUAL (not double) DIN brings up the goodies !!

Thanks Loren and sorry for "complaining" !!