Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I've got a 99 Carrera C2 Coupe and i'm looking at buying a new set of alloys for it, fancied a set of 'Work Rezax II'

Any body know what size i can fit without rolling the arches.

If i did need to roll the arches how much work is involved ??

• Admin

Porsche specs 17" and 18" wheels for the MY99 Carrera in matched sets.

The front fenders are rolled from the factory. Tires sizes spec will veery with wheel sizes.

17" Porsche spec wheels:

Front: 7 x 17 offset 50/55 mm

Rear: 9 x 17 offset 55 mm

18" Porsche spec wheels:

Front: 7.5 x 18 offset 50 mm

Rear: 10 x 18 offset 65 mm

or

Front: 8 x 18 offset 50/52 mm

or

Rear: 11 x 18 offset 63 mm

Only a couple of tire brands will fit the last option (11" rears) without rubbing.

I've got a 99 Carrera C2 Coupe and i'm looking at buying a new set of alloys for it, fancied a set of 'Work Rezax II'

Any body know what size i can fit without rolling the arches.

If i did need to roll the arches how much work is involved ??

On my 996 C2 I installed 18x10's 54mm offset with 285/30's will just barely clear the fender lip without rolling it. When I first got the wheels, I didn't think they were going to clear, especially with my H&R springs. I removed the strut on one side, bolted the wheel/tire back on, and lowered the jack to let the suspension swing up through it's arc. Turns out it clears by something like an 1/8 of an inch.

On my 99C4 i went up to a 19x8 in the front and a 19x9 in the back with no issues at all. I believe they are a 32mm offset if i'm not mistaken

On my 99C4 i went up to a 19x8 in the front and a 19x9 in the back with no issues at all. I believe they are a 32mm offset if i'm not mistaken

Sorry I meant 19x10 on the back

post-6053-1141338071_thumb.jpg

Porsche specs 17" and 18" wheels for the MY99 Carrera in matched sets.

The front fenders are rolled from the factory. Tires sizes spec will veery with wheel sizes.

17" Porsche spec wheels:

Front: 7 x 17 offset 50/55 mm

Rear: 9 x 17 offset 55 mm

18" Porsche spec wheels:

Front: 7.5 x 18 offset 50 mm

or

or

Rear: 11 x 18 offset 63 mm

Only a couple of tire brands will fit the last option (11" rears) without rubbing.

Loren,

From this info you posted earlier, are these the rim sizes and offsets for all narrow body 996's. ie: C2, C2 Cab, Targa - MY '99 thru '04

Dwayne

Would the Mich Pilot Sports happen to be one of the tires that would fit without rubbing?

Also what tire size would be best for those wheels? (Front: 8 x 18 offset 50/52 mm Rear: 11 x 18 offset 63 mm)

Thanks!

-Shawn

'99 911 C2 6spd

I've looked throught the forums but still can't find where the wheel/tire size FAQ is posted? Sorry to be a pain. :S

I'm asking because it sure seems like there are more 19" wheels availible than there is 18" and I'd like to see what tires would work for my '99 C2 assuming a 19" wheel.

Edited by 911dark

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for advice,

decided on 18" to go with H+R springs i bought few months back, what does the offset mean is it the centre of the wheel compared to the outer rim also what is the ET measurement.

Offset is explained very well here

Curious on offset for the RUF wheels. since the front 8.5 is larger does the wheel use a wider or skinnyer tire and do you know what TPMS option is??

Front 18" x 8.5" 58mm varies for application TPMS option available

Rear 18" x 10" 66mm varies for application TPMS option available