Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cardan Shaft - Cayenne

Loren

I am told that their is a new Cardan Shaft part number for the Cayenne to cure a bad early batch which suffers from a low frequency vibration/noise between 40 and 60 mph. I would also like to kow where this is located.

Is there a way you can access the old and new part numbers ? my dealer is having a hard time with PCA as its not an official issue "yet". As you crank up the miles a soft bearing starts to fail apparently.

Thanks and a Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Mike

• Admin

Your dealer maybe correct as I have not seen a TSB for this yet.

The parts list does show a new part number with a "use instead" marking. There are two cardan shafts listed (one for the S and one for the Turbo) but I don't know which is for which... so you'll have to look at the part number on your current one.

For the 955 421 020 10 use the new cardan shaft 955 421 020 11

or

for the 955 421 020 20 use the new cardan shaft 955 421 020 21.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

The parts list does show a new part number with a "use instead" marking. There are two cardan shafts listed (one for the S and one for the Turbo) but I don't know which is for which... so you'll have to look at the part number on your current one.

or

Loren, had my cardan shaft replaced today. Couldn't find the part number on the old one, but I did find a sticker that had "7L0 521 102 D" Is this a part number? If so, do you which version of the shaft is corresponds to? I was told by dealer while the vehicle was under warranty that I had the new part number, and then the thing fails not too long after warranty is out.

• Admin

or

Loren, had my cardan shaft replaced today. Couldn't find the part number on the old one, but I did find a sticker that had "7L0 521 102 D" Is this a part number? If so, do you which version of the shaft is corresponds to? I was told by dealer while the vehicle was under warranty that I had the new part number, and then the thing fails not too long after warranty is out.

Sorry, I can not tell from that number.

What new cardan shaft - there have been 5.