Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

DICE Electronics: iPOD for Most Bus ?

I currently use the H/K Drive&Play in my 987, but the sound is not really good. When searching the Internet I found this one:

http://www.diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration_most.htm

'..... Finaly, an iPod integration kit for "M.O.S.T." fiber optic vehicles. Hear the highest quality audio from your iPod on your factory (OEM) entertainment system. Control your iPod directly from your radio and steering wheel controls. View and select music by playlist and song. Everything your could ask for or dream of in an iPod car integration kit....

The DICE fiber optic kit is compatible withMercedes Benz and Porsche vehicles utilizing the MOST fiber optic bus. Kit availability is expected this March.....'

Has anybody installed this? Is it really available and does it work properly? And what about the price?

Wolfgang

Has anybody installed this? Is it really available and does it work properly? And what about the price?

I called them last week and they mentioned that the Mercedes MOST version would be out within a month, but the Porsche version would not be available for several months from now. Their online brochure indicates that their system also replaces the CD-Changer. So it sounds like they are emulating a CD-Changer. The guy on the phone mentioned that their system did have an auxiliary input and that the original CD-Changer could be hooked up to it. When I explained to him that the MOST bus was optical and could not be plugged into an analog auxiliary input, he sounded less sure of being able to still use an existing CD-Changer with their system.

Those guys don't know their Audis. That would be a D3 A8, not a D2. D2 is the previous generation, like I have.

Yes funny that. Me thinks they are lying about their Audi integration, and since they haven't completed Mercedes or Porsche which are the easiest....Audi probably hasn't been started.

I just talked to the people at DICE and supposedly the Porsche MOST adapter will be available May 1st. The suggested retail is $399.99. They are taking pre-orders, (contact information only - no CC info), and are supposed to notify us when the unit is available.

Hopefully it will work better than my current fm transmitter, (DLO Trans Pod G2).

• 3 months later...
Anyone heard anything more about Dension/DICE systems for MOST bus?

Thanks,

Lee

There is a group buy going on thru the bumper plugs guy. It is released for beta testing now and should be available soon.

I saw an MSRP above that was grossly inaccurate. The price we are being quoted (as MSRP) is $599 with a "group discount rate of below that".

Units are now installed in current model Porsches here in the US for testing as of Monday. Various hurdles are tossed at the systems to see how they handle them, and so far, it seems to be working alright. As with any electronic product, there may be minor tweaks needed, or software changes, but those should be completed by next week.

We anticipate final word on the tests sometime next week. At that time, pending the shipping date for our units, we will email everyone who expressed interest, and ask that they place a refundable deposit with us prior to the order.

Once we have the units inbound to our warehouse, we will notify everyone of final details, and instruct them to place their order for the balance of the payment, and we will ship immediately. If you decide at that time not to participate, your deposit will be refunded.

The units will be available with either cable connection or a cradle connection. MSRP is $599. Group buy price will be LOWER than MSRP, but we are waiting on final word from the manufacturer for our best deal.

how do i participate in the group buy

Anyone heard anything more about Dension/DICE systems for MOST bus?

Thanks,

Lee

There is a group buy going on thru the bumper plugs guy. It is released for beta testing now and should be available soon.

I saw an MSRP above that was grossly inaccurate. The price we are being quoted (as MSRP) is $599 with a "group discount rate of below that".

Units are now installed in current model Porsches here in the US for testing as of Monday. Various hurdles are tossed at the systems to see how they handle them, and so far, it seems to be working alright. As with any electronic product, there may be minor tweaks needed, or software changes, but those should be completed by next week.

We anticipate final word on the tests sometime next week. At that time, pending the shipping date for our units, we will email everyone who expressed interest, and ask that they place a refundable deposit with us prior to the order.

Once we have the units inbound to our warehouse, we will notify everyone of final details, and instruct them to place their order for the balance of the payment, and we will ship immediately. If you decide at that time not to participate, your deposit will be refunded.

The units will be available with either cable connection or a cradle connection. MSRP is $599. Group buy price will be LOWER than MSRP, but we are waiting on final word from the manufacturer for our best deal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

OMG - Email just received

Hello

This email is to let you know that finally, at long last we have received our first shipment of iPod integration kits for the Porsche MOST system. These units will retail at $599. We received VERY limited quantities so if you’re interested in placing an order or have any questions regarding the unit, please contact me as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Jessie Wise | Dice Electronics

jessie@diceelectronics.com

www.diceelectronics.com