Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help needed with workshop manual !

I just lost my 250 GB storage drive yesterday, The Harddrive simple started to smoke and then the 5400 RPM made its last spin. :(

Besides alot of div musik, tools and other stuff, my hole Porsche archive is gone. That was Workshop manuals for the 996, 944 and 968 and alot of pictures and documentation of mods I have done on my car :(

So can anybody help me with the workshop manuals. I can simply not handle to scan the hole paperversion. Please guys :unsure:

Most importent is the 996, because that is the car I have now.

You can Email me on Pviby@hotmail.com if needed.

In advance, thanks for you help.

You were the same guy that contacted me 2 years ago about being so busy then too.

Here is a quote from your email.."I don´t whant to spend hours

>scanning and working on the sheets if I can get them from you.

>

>Regards,

>Pierre "

I can help you replace everything and more as well as bring all the material up to date.

I just lost my 250 GB storage drive yesterday, The Harddrive simple started to smoke and then the 5400 RPM made its last spin.

As long as the internal media in your dead hard drive is not physically damaged, a good computer tech and/or data recovery company can retrieve all the data for you.

Porschelibrarian, I remember I talked to alot of people at that time about it. It will take ages if I have to scan everything.

Kim, The price for retrieving the data can be very high. That is an option I am working on but I am not even sure that there is no physically damage of the drive.

Regards,

Pierre

1999Porsche911, Well if I had a backup of everything I bed you I would not be writing here :unsure:

I have always said that real men do not make backups, but also that real men are allowed to cry :( But I have leared from all this that I from now will make some kind of backups. This is not gonna happen again. Normal harddrives are simply not made strong enough to spin for many years with 5400 or 7200 RPM which is normal.

Edited by P.Viby