Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Alignment setting for the 997S-20mm

This is for MY05 only (at this point):

post-2-1135175210_thumb.jpg

Thats just what I was looking for! thanks Loren :clapping:

I friend of mine wants to try the rear alignment setting of the 997S-20mm on his MkI 996GT3, since his GT3 aligment is planted at the front axle but extremly tail happy. He is looking for an aligment setup for the track for his GT3 MkI.

• Admin
hello loren,

thank you very much for the information. it's really interesting for me. :thumbup:

how should this alignment be dono. with wheels on the ground, full tank and drivers weight?

thank you,

Porsche recommends Ride height and Alignment be adjusted with the empty weight, i.e. full fuel tank, vehicle with spare wheel/collapsible wheel and tools, but without driver and without additional weights.

Most folks I know (including me) that drive on the track have the car aligned/balanced with the drivers weight in the drivers seat.

• 4 years later...

Hi Loren,

I have a 2008 C2 with 19" factory S rims that recently hit a Detroit Pot Hole. In case you are wondering, a Detroit Pot Hole can hide a 50 gallon drum. I was in a turn going about 80 when I skipped over a raveen. I now have a slight dent on the lip of the rim, however, the dent or 'slight indentation which is not noticable unless I point it out to you', does not seem to affect the ride.

OK, my question is about Alilgnment. I recently had my SUV aligned by Firestone who uses a Hunter 4-Wheel Alignment tool. I am about to send my Porsche to get aligned as well. Is there anything specific about a Porsche that I should be concerned with?

Also, can you post the alignment specifications for this model?

BTW, my advice for anyone seeking alignment if you live in a salty corrosion area is to pre-spray the suspension adjustment nuts/bolts/threads with Break-Free or some absortion compound at least one day prior because it will save you time in the shop plus reduce the chance that some moron would strip your bolt heads.

Thanks,

Ken

Edited by racerken

• Admin

Hi Loren,

I have a 2008 C2 with 20" factory S rims that recently hit a Detroit Pot Hole. In case you are wondering, a Detroit Pot Hole can hide a 50 gallon drum. I was in a turn going about 80 when I skipped over a raveen. I now have a slight dent on the lip of the rim, however, the dent or 'slight indentation which is not noticable unless I point it out to you', does not seem to affect the ride.

OK, my question is about Alilgnment. I recently had my SUV aligned by Firestone who uses a Hunter 4-Wheel Alignment tool. I am about to send my Porsche to get aligned as well. Is there anything specific about a Porsche that I should be concerned with?

Also, can you post the alignment specifications for this model?

BTW, my advice for anyone seeking alignment if you live in a salty corrosion area is to pre-spray the suspension adjustment nuts/bolts/threads with Break-Free or some absortion compound at least one day prior because it will save you time in the shop plus reduce the chance that some moron would strip your bolt heads.

Thanks,

Ken

Since you hit a huge pothole I would make sure they look for damage. Including checking the to make sure the wheels are true.

Other than that just follow the specs above.

Since you hit a huge pothole I would make sure they look for damage. Including checking the to make sure the wheels are true.

This is from an L.A. pothole. It ultimately did over $12000 damage including replacement of nearly all the front passenger side suspension bits and the right radiator.

post-25989-127379156654_thumb.jpg

Edited by 355bhp

This is from an L.A. pothole. It ultimately did over $12000 damage including replacement of nearly all the front passenger side suspension bits and the right radiator.

I think that's from an IED, not a pot hole.