Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2004 Porsche Sport Exhaust Pics...

Toolpants, a month or so ago you mentioned you had not yet seen any pics of the 2003/2004 Boxster Sport Exhaust, well I had my car up on a lift today after helping a friend install his PSE on his 996 and so I figured why not take some pics for you. So here they are:

Sport_Exhaut.jpg

Sport_Exhaust_Side.jpg

sport_exhaust_side1.jpg

Sport_Exhaust_Valve.jpg

sport_exhaust_valve1.jpg

BTW: Since I pulled the jumper to eliminate the speed cut out I have had multiple complements on the sound of the exhaust. While I thought it sounded better, obviously it was not just me. Two people stopped me in my parking garage and said it sounded better than the other Boxster S, which has the GHL. I don't know if I belive that but it sure does sound better now!

A4EP

04 Boxster S AS/BLK/BLK

• Moderators

Very good. Your pictures show why the original sport exhaust will not fit on a pre MY03 due to the change of the rear bumper cover despite what others say. The by-pass pipes are now on the side of the muffler so they do not hit the bumper cover lower extensions.

I have posted your pictures on the German and UK Boxster boards with credit to you as they have been asking questions about why they cannot get the sport exhaust for the facelift Boxster. Back in January CAR on the German board called Zuffenhausen to find out why the Germans could not order the new style sport exhaust. Zuffenhausen said they were waiting for TUV approval but it had nothing to do with a noise issue.

I can tell from your pictures that the same bolt on tip style that started in MY03 is being used, so there are 3 tips that will fit.

I hope to hear the new style sport exhaust some day. The original style never had the "bark" that a 996 sport exhaust has.

For others, this is the original sport exhaust.

post-24-1081629412_thumb.jpg

I hope to hear the new style sport exhaust some day.  The original style never had the "bark" that a 996 sport exhaust has.

The new Boxster Sport Exhaust definitly does not sound anything like the 996 PSE. I got the car on the lift after installing a friends 996 PSE system and so I heard them side by side. The 996 is still the king of sounds, deep growl with a nice gurgle. The new Boxster PSE is much more agressive but not as deep and does not have the gurgle. I will attempt to take a couple sound clips of it on and off so you can get little bit of an idea what I am talking about. I don't have a good recorder so I don't know if they will work but I will try.

A4EP

Toolpants, I made a few sound files of the Sport Exhaust, I just don't have anyplace to host them in order to post them. If you would like please send me an email and I will email them to you. When you listen to the files, standard exhaust and then sport exhaust the difference is really amazing.

A4EP

I'll ask Henry if he can host it.

The original sport exhaust was made by Eisenmann in Stuttgart.  Do you see their name on your exhaust?

http://www.eisenmann-technik.de/export/main/intro.htm

Toolpants, I am attaching a photo that shows a closeup of the part numbers. I tried to get a better pic today but since I don't have it up on a lift it didn't work. I took one of my previous photos and just cropped the part number portion. I played with the contrast to get a better view of the writing. While you can see a blurry "Eisenmann" I was able to see myself that it is in fact stamped on the exhaust. I hope this pic helps.

Also as for the sound files: The three files are 500k in total file size, if Henry does not want to post them I would be happy to email them to anyone who would like to hear them. Just let me know!

Sport_Exhaust_Part_Number.jpg

Henry thought you wanted to host pictures - not sound files.

Not a problem. I am working on getting my personal webpage running, my ISP allows for 5mb and I have been wanting to do one for quite some time now so this just gave me the excuse to finally contact them to get my space and passwords. I hope to have the info from them in the next day or so then I will post the files myself...hopefully soon.

A4EP

• 3 years later...
Does anyone know if you can buy the valve that is fitted to the exhaust. I want to see if these can be added as a after market to my exhaust, just welding a pipe in place with the valve?

has this been done?

Russ

I have a stock 03 exhaust I took off recently and would be willing to try this, if someone who knows the inside of the stock muffler well enough can give me an idea where to drill the holes for the bypass pipes' outlet ends. I'm sure they are rerouting a portion of the raw exhaust from the inlet area to a forward chamber and out.

A4EP...can you tell me where those bypass pipes are outletting? It looks like maybe above the seam in the back side of the muffler, maybe 6 or 8 inches in from the side ?

BTW....I put on the Top Speed (Che) style exhaust and it has a very nice "bark" and tone. Quite close to the 911. It does have some, not a lot - but some, resonance between 2500 and 3000 revs though.

Edited by Andy_M

I doubt if it can be ordered. I just finished the installation of the 03+ PSE and the pipe looks to be bent at the muffler factory, then welded onto the valves. The metal on the valves appears to be cast as well.

Simply adding the bypass pipes would be all you need to get good sound.

• 6 years later...