Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Missing Decals

Ibro

:lightbulb:

Guys,

I need your help on thisone. On 26th of August I ordered a pair of personalized decals from this site for my Boxster.

As until yesterday I had not recieved anything in the mail I replied back to the supplier of the decals (xenonmods.com) asking about the status of the order. So far zip!

???

Ibro

Loren,

Thanks again for the help, however I still have nothing. I did e-mail direclty but no repply came back and I still have not recieved anything (and it has been almost a month now since the order placement.

THX

Ibro

Ps. I don't know if Joee recieved the decals but I certainly haven't and I guess that if they were in the mail we should have recieved them by now. Any help?

• 2 weeks later...

It's now almost one month and a half after the placement of the order for the decals and still no news. I have tried sending a couple of e-mails directly to the person handling the order - as Loren suggested - but again no repply.

I think I am getting a little upset on this and maybe I will just call it a day and let it be missing because I don't see any light at the end of this tunnel!

Ibro

Just to give Rich the benefit of the doubt. I ordered decals from him last month and received them right away via USPS. Judging from his e-mails he appeard to be a reasonable guy.

Edited by rhregis

I understand all this about fast delivery and all orders going ok, but the reality is that I still don't have the decals, I have been charged for the amount involved from the same day of the order and most important of all I have received no reply in all the three e-mails that I have sent so far to Richie. So I guess that yes something must have gone wrong with this order. I don't mean to be ironic or snap at anybody - even for a second - I am just upset about this issue.

THX again for all the inputs so far.

THX

Ibro

• 3 weeks later...

Joee,

No, I still have not received my decals, and as far as I am concerned I never will. What do you mean that the supplier is nasty? Did he reply to your e-mails? I havene't received any answer in any of the five e-mails that I have sent him so far.

However, you have to give it to the guy. He was really fast putting in the charges to my credit card for the decals so why bother for a couple of months delay?

Anyway, I don't know what else to do on this...

THX

Ibro

• 1 year later...

I saw a thing where you guys work with Rich? If you still do, before you order anything else from him, please look at this. I know you aren't "Ford" people... but if he treats me like this, and apparently some of you guys too... he isn't worth doing business with.

I am trying to let this be a suggestion for all vehicle owners who currently enjoy modifying their vehicles. The following is what happened to me when I tried to order some Xenon bulbs from XenonMods.com for my wife's Ford. If any of you have a car, and want those bright Xenon bulbs... DO NOT go to the XenonMods.com website.. here's why.

Around early to mid-March , I ordered some bulbs for my wife's 2006 Escape Hybrid. I paid for them using PayPal via my credit card and figured ok.. I never got a confirmation email saying I bought them so I got a little nervous.. So.. after a month ( I was busy doing physical therapy after returning from Iraq injured), in April, I emailed the guy (Rich Calnan via the website) at the website and said basically 'When are my lights coming? It's been a month and I haven't gotten them'. After a week and no email reply, I called my credit card company and told them what was up and how I tried contacting with no response. They initiated a "dispute" and tried contacting the guy. He mailed them out May 5th. I got them May 7th.

Yes.. they just arrived actually. I'll call and cancel the dispute. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----

To: jluce7devil1775@aol.com

Sent: Tue, 8 May 2007 6:46 AM

Subject: [Fwd: Chargeback case received: Case ID #PP-282-577-573]

Jared - I'm sorry the bulbs didn't go out as soon as they should have, but they did ship and should have arrived yesterday or today.

I will expect you'll close the Paypal dispute when they arrive - correct?

rich

So to me, he only mailed them because he was looking at getting a dispute filed against him.

Anyway, so I called and Citibank assured me it cancelled the dispute and they would forward it on to PayPal.

I figured it was all done. Then yesterday (2 weeks after I cancelled the dispute and got charged for the lights) I got this email. I didn't check it until today when I had yet another so I read the old one first..

Sent: Thu, 24 May 2007 7:34 pm

Subject: [Fwd: Notification of chargeback reversal: Case ID #PP-282-577-573]

You are a **** THIEF and I hope you burn in hell for what you did to me!

Rip me off!

You may get away with it on earth, but not after.

Do what is RIGHT and get me the money for the products you RECEIVED!

Now.. to my knowledge, the thing was cancelled. Citibank ASSURED me it had been cancelled and he would get his money, back on May 8th. So I replied.. more than a little pissed.

First off... I canceled the chargeback the day I recieved the lights with Citibank. I called them May 8th immediately after I emailed you telling you I had just gotten them and told them the same thing.

Check back in your email. May 8, 2007 I recieved them, got your email, and told you I would cancel the da$$ chargeback. I canceled it with Citibank. They assured me it was a closed case.

Secondly, who the **** are you to talk to me like that you worthless piece of ****?!

Perhaps we wouldn't have had this problem if you didn't take over a month with absolutely no contact to mail me the items I paid for.

If you had approached this like a mature adult instead of a flustered 11 year old, I might feel differently, but since you chose the level of tact, all I can say is '**** off'. I don't rip people off. For you to accuse me of that pisses me off. Rest assured that, although I was happy with your lights, and was planning on buying 4 more sets for my other vehicles, that is no longer the case. From you at least.

To be fair I was a bit upset at the accusations. I just got done spending 2 years doing rehab for losing my legs in Iraq and like to think Marines are known to by their word. So then I got this today (read right after the other)

Sent: Fri, 25 May 2007 8:29 am

Subject: [Fwd: Notification of chargeback reversal: Case ID #PP-282-577-573]

THIEF THIEF THIEF!

How's it feel ...

no good THIEF!

My reply

You know...on second thought. I belong to a network of over 3000 people that all do various automotive upgrades/maintenance. I will be sure to post your response to the situation for them all to see. I hope you never get any more business again. Your unprofessionalism is surpassed only by your ignorance.

I was referring to a maintenance forum I belong to, since I am a mechanic by trade.

Sent: Fri, 25 May 2007 3:55 pm

Subject: Re: Notification of chargeback reversal: Case ID #PP-282-577-573

Oh right 4 more sets - if I had a dollar every time I heard that from a THIEF I wouldn't have to work anymore!

Walk around as a **** THIEF or at least give me the money back!

You cancelled it my ***. You knew you'd get your money back and the product.

Whatever makes you sleep at night THIEF!

Again, I replied..

How old are you? I have a 2007 Mustang, 2006 F-150, 2006 Escape Hybrid, and a 2004 Escape. I was planning on buying a lot more. I would reconsider, especially showing everyone in my 'community' exactly what you are about, but this email sealed it for me. Good day.

Jared

Sent: Fri, 25 May 2007 4:03 pm

Subject: Re: Notification of chargeback reversal: Case ID #PP-282-577-573

Thank GOD you're going to tell everyone you know not to buy from me. That way I won't get screwed over and over and over again just like you did to me!

Please - be sure to tell everyone exactly what happened.

Especially the part about you getting the lights, filing the claim, and keeping the lights AND the money.

Explain to them how you're NOT a THIEF!

Send me the link to it - I'd love to see how "honest" you are explaining it all.

Nothin' but a **** THIEF that knew how to work the system.

You're the best!

I'll sure to post the situation, that I filed the claim appr. 2-3 (was actually 6 upon further review, on the 2nd of May) days before I got the lights, after waiting over a month for any word, or reply to my email (the claim date can be verified by Citibank) and that I cancelled the claim on May 8th when I said I would. Along with your incessant spammy replies. I am sure they would love to see on all the Ford Forums (where I got your site originally) just how you do business.

This is straight from my credit card statement:

04/02 04/08 99120952 CREDIT-FINANCE CHARGES ON DISPUTED ITEM	-0.09 
04/02 04/08 99120951 CITIBANK CONDITIONAL CREDIT FOR DISPUTE	-26.96 
04/02 04/11 H9120951 REVERSE PAYPAL *XENONMODS 402 935 7 Standard Purch 26.96

You will see it didn't post until the 8th. The same day I called and cancelled it. As of the 11th, they charged me for it because of the reversal. Enjoy looking like an ***.

So basically, I was charged for it. On the 2nd of May, I called Citibank for a dispute because it had been appr. 1.5 months since I ordered and paid for the items, and over a week since he failed to reply to my email requesting information on any kind of shipping status (I felt I had been more than patient). Only when he got the dispute did he mail out the items. I then cancelled it when I received the product, which he seemed to think I didn't. You can clearly see from my CC statement I called and initiated it on the 2nd of May. It posted on the 8th (the same day I got the lights and thus cancelled the dispute). You know I cancelled it because on the 8th, they recharged me and it showed via posting on the 11th. To get these emails well over 2 weeks after I was re-charged for them, shows me this is an unprofessional vendor and I would recommend other people not use the XENONMODS website or deal with this Rich Calnan ever again. I know I won't.

I must say that I have ordered from him last month, customised decals and got it all in great condition and only in about 3 days (into UK!). We also had come email exchanges as to explain what I was after, and got the reply right away every each time.

Yes the above is not good, but just say that I had a very good feeling and satisfaction from the deal.

just my 2p/5c ;)

I have made business whith this guy two times.

First time went smoothly but the second time I received wrong decals.

I did send him several E-mails about this, even with photos on the wrong decal but never received an answer nor a correct decal.

Yes, it's a silly low amount of money but still...

And I could never give him bad feedback on E-bay either because he did hold his feedback until he saw mine. And I wan't a clear protocol on E-bay which I woldn't have had anymore if I gave him the feedback he deserved judjing to the earlier conversation.

I've done business twice with Rich at XenonMods. Both times the (custom) orders were delivered quickly and without problems. YMMV.

The emails posted above are a little scary though. It sounds like he's been ripped off before, and there *are* people that play that game. But I also think that he should have communicated any delays in shipment to anyone who has placed an order and paid, and was waiting on product. That's just common courtesy.

I think you have 90 days to the second to post feedback on Ebay.

If you are worried about bad feedback, wait 89 days 23 hours and 59 minutes, and then post your bad feedback.

I look carefully at bad feedback on Ebay, and see if it looks legitimate to me, and who it is from, and their track record. ;)