Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PSE electronic problem

I ám almost ready with my install of the PSE, but i have a little problem

On the wiring harness that comes from the switch there are 3 blue/red cables (one of these are 3 wires connected to one with a connector ( the same connector that fits in the relay socket ) and the other has just a connector, this one is approx 60 cm longer than the first one and the last one is for the switch-over valve )

I have the Technical Info from Porsche but i dont understand how to do

Can someone explain to me how i connect these wires

/Magnus

Is this a 996 or 997 PSE?

It´s a 996

Here is a picture of the wire with the 3 wires into one connector, in the background you will see the other red/blue wire

post-7924-1141024705_thumb.jpg

Is it a diffrent Technical Information for the latest PSE xxxxxxx21 or is it the same as for xxxxxxx19

/Magnus

• Moderators

If the 3 wire Red/Blue bundle has a real long wire in it (this is one of the wires that gets routed back to the engine compartment for the vacuum switch) then this bundle gets plugged into the relay socket at PIN 2.

What about the other ends of the Red/blue bundle? Does one go to Pin 4 of the socket for the control switch? and the other is just an unconnected end? If that is the case, then the unconnected Red/Blue wire goes to fuse B10.

Does that make sense?

This is from the Technical instructions 6/02 2601

If the 3 wire Red/Blue bundle has a real long wire in it (this is one of the wires that gets routed back to the engine compartment for the vacuum switch) then this bundle gets plugged into the relay socket at PIN 2.

What about the other ends of the Red/blue bundle? Does one go to Pin 4 of the socket for the control switch? and the other is just an unconnected end? If that is the case, then the unconnected Red/Blue wire goes to fuse B10.

Does that make sense?

This is from the Technical instructions 6/02 2601

Thank you

You are right about the wires, the 3 wire Red/Blue bundle comes with 1 wire from the switch and are connected together as the picture shown and goes back with 2 wires, one to the back of the car and one to the fuse box.

How do I split the fusebox?

And the big question

How do I connect the wire to the B10 fuse?

• Moderators

And the big question

Piece of Cake!

The fuse box has a carpet cover on it that is held on with 4 screws. Take the black cover off to expose the fuses, and you will see the 4 screws. Take them off, and pull off the carpet cover.

The fuse block is held in by 4 clips on each corner of the box (block). You can see 2 of the clips in this picture.

Just pop the clips free and pull the fuse block free so you can get at its backside.

Here is a picture of fuse box mount with the clips. I have already pulled off the fuse block.

fuseboxmount.jpg

Crimp and or solder a female spade connector onto the red/blue wire that will be attached to the fuse block. Turn the fuse block over and insert it in an open spade where my finger is pointed. As you can see, I have already attached my red/blue wire there. (2nd row, outboard connector)

fusebox.jpg

That is it! Now put everything back and you are done.

If you have not already installed the relay plug on the relay support bracket, it is easier to get at with the fuse block detached.

And the big question

Piece of Cake!

The fuse box has a carpet cover on it that is held on with 4 screws. Take the black cover off to expose the fuses, and you will see the 4 screws. Take them off, and pull off the carpet cover.

The fuse block is held in by 4 clips on each corner of the box (block). You can see 2 of the clips in this picture.

Just pop the clips free and pull the fuse block free so you can get at its backside.

Here is a picture of fuse box mount with the clips. I have already pulled off the fuse block.

fuseboxmount.jpg

Crimp and or solder a female spade connector onto the red/blue wire that will be attached to the fuse block. Turn the fuse block over and insert it in an open spade where my finger is pointed. As you can see, I have already attached my red/blue wire there. (2nd row, outboard connector)

fusebox.jpg

That is it! Now put everything back and you are done.

If you have not already installed the relay plug on the relay support bracket, it is easier to get at with the fuse block detached.

Thank you for your replies

I have detached the fuseblock and turned it over and it is a free spot to put the wire in but it wont fit!

Here is a picture of the connector.

post-7924-1141122223_thumb.jpg

It is a grey plastic thing halfway down, can I move this one?

Is this the right way to connect the wire? In the Technical Info from Porsche it says that you should crimp it to the BK/RE wire for fuse B10.

In your picture it seems that the RE/BU wire is not connected to the fuse

becouse the power source is on the same side as you have connect the wire. Right or wrong?

/Magnus

You are on the right track. you just have to stick the pin connector into the little hole that there

connector.jpg

With a little effort it will slide down into the fuze block.

I have tried again, it wont fit , strange!

My connector is in 2 pieces, one outershield and one smaller inside where the wire is fixed, shall I remove the outershield?

I have removed the grey plastic thing

It will fit like the other connectors, right ?

• Moderators
I have tried again, it wont fit , strange!

My connector is in 2 pieces, one outershield and one smaller inside where the wire is fixed, shall I remove the outershield?

I have removed the grey plastic thing

It will fit like the other connectors, right ?

The B10 bus is connected to the first 6 fuses from the end, so you can plug into any of those that has an open hole. I would suspect that the US and Swedish cars have different things taking power from B10. Just pick any of the first 6 holes that is open.

The little connector on the end of the red/blue wire should just be the metal pin, no plastic shield around it.

Of course you can also use an in-line crimp splice to connect the red/blue wire. Then you just pick any wire that is plugged into the B10 buss.

Thank you for helping me with all my questions :D :king:

Now everthing works and it sounds very nice

I crimped the BU/RE wire into the BK/RE

One last thing I notice

After a few minutes, when the mufflers and the cats had been warm they started to smoke a little, is this normal?

/Magnus

• Admin
After a few minutes, when the mufflers and the cats had been warm they started to smoke a little, is this normal?
For a new exhaust - yes, that is not uncommon. Take the car on a 30 minute drive and all or most of that should be gone.

• Moderators

/Magnus

What? Didn't you polish your mufflers before you installed them? :eek:

sportexhaust.jpg

Glad to hear that everything is working now. Go drive the heck out of the car for a while, and the smoke will be gone!