Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to subscribe or donate. All subscriptions and donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual subscription or donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you subscribe RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's quality Porsche information at a low cost.

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by subscribing or donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PAULSPEED

Contributing Members
  • Posts

    1,406
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by PAULSPEED

  1. I had my car aligned for track use. They put very small shims in the bottom rear a-arms. This stopped the car pushing when entering a high speed turn. The point is the rear insides still wear out even if I did not do anything with the alignment. I guess you could call it weight shift engineering. The only solution would be a straight axle, but then the car would drive like a truck. Paul
  2. It's nice to find a repair shop that knows what there doing. Paul
  3. It takes a little bit of time to get the alternator off but, it takes a lot of time to put it back on the motor. It is in a real tight area. Paul
  4. I ordered a new one yesterday. Cost over $141.00 dollars. Lets hope that is all I need. Retails for $209. Paul
  5. Hold on to it until the market improves. Sell your car to a consignment dealer. Paul
  6. I do not think so. You test the voltage with the car off. The only light running is the trunk light and that does not take much. Paul
  7. You first measure the voltage across the battery terminals. Then you push a pin (like the one you get when you buy a new shirt) in the cable at the alternator. The alternator is on the driver's side on top of the motor. Then you measure the voltage from the pin to ground. You will know if you need a bigger (like the 997-2) alternator cable if the voltage is less. The voltages should be close to the same give or take 1/4 of a volt. Paul
  8. It is my screensaver at home and at work. I like it too. Paul
  9. There is more to the Cup car race car. Motor rebuilds after 50 to 75 hours. Transmission rebuilds from 75 to 100 hours. The suspension alone is worth a lot. I think the bottom a-arm is $750 and the Flying Lizard team replaces them after every race. They are extremely light and use a special high strength metal. Just slide your car sideways into a curb and open the wallet. I would recommend a tube frame 997 car with a race spec motor. You will have more fun and do more racing then watching. Paul
  10. Here is another Lizard picture. Paul
  11. There are small drains near the battery. They go to the underside of the car. A small wire is all you need to make sure they are open. Clean the leaves out around them. Paul
  12. I use two 2 by 6 by 6-0 long boards to get my car into the garage. Yes they have cracked some what. Good luck. Paul
  13. Looking to replace the wing motor. It makes alot of noise going up and down and just got stuck the other day. I cleaned the runners which seemed to help. Is this one of those all day projects or is it some what easy fix? Thanks for any feed back. It is part 13 in the picture below. Paul
  14. Sorry I do not own a Panamerica. I was looking at a friend's car when I noticed the spot. Maybe I can get one at Rennsport in October. Paul
  15. I am thinking that the tabs are used for holding some part for the steerable headlights. Here is a picture of the compartment area. Paul
  16. I have another picture but it only shows the 3amp light bulb. I would phone Sunset Imports and ask them if they know anything about parts for the interior lights. Maybe there is a part for a fuse on a wire leading to the glove box. There in Oregon so you will need to call them in the evening. Here is their 800 number. 1-800-346-0182 Again, good luck. Paul
  17. I just was looking at the motor in a V6 car. On the passenger side looking at the motor there is a small compartment near the left hood line. There are two factory painted tabs with no weld nuts behind but it looks like a space for installing a cover plate. I called it a future stash box for hiding money, keys, etc. The only thing I could guess was that it was a space for the ABS valves when a V8 is installed. Anyone else wonder why they built this compartment? Paul
  18. The 80 amp fuse is near the battery. Looks like part 11 in the picture. The glove box is a 3 amp light. I would look for a small fuse on the wire to the light. Good luck with your search. Paul
  19. Save your money and get Radiators and hoses for a southern California car. Paul
  20. You might have cooked the control unit with voltage. The tool can tell if it is bad real quick. Paul
  21. The part 7 and 8 are the adjusters for the cables. Maybe you need a little adjustment. I would drive another car to compare. I drove a car with a short shifter and it shifted just fine. I would pull the shift boot and go thru the gears. I would then add Vaseline to any surface that seemed a little tight. Vaseline is a petrolume by product. Paul
  22. It is the transmission cooler on top of the transmission that is in the way. Paul
  23. I would change the pollen filter. It is next to the battery. Paul
  24. There also is a larger(Fatter) cable for the 997-2. The 997-2 cable works great on a 2006 car. The bad news is the motor needs to be removed for a tip car. Rumor is that it can be done with a manual. A dealer near me replaced one with a tip, but it was extremely hard work to do. Paul
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.