Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Can you manually release the rollover bars in a 2003 cab?

• Admin

Insert a screwdriver into the hole in the module and press it against the top edge of the pawl. Press the screwdriver to the right arrow A and hold it while pressing up in direction of arrow B. The roll-over protection system is released.

post-2-1153324703_thumb.jpg

To reset just push them back down until they latch.

I do this for all my Track events, blows some people's mind out since they go to the dealer and are told "it is impossible". Then they watch me get a screw driver and pop them up in about 2 minutes. You first have to lower the rear seat backs, and remove the carpeted panel behind the rear seats - 2 phillips screws and done.

You can also push down on the latch from the top with a screw driver, same result. But I would first follow the instructions above until you understand how the mechanism work and how else you could position the screwdriver. Also, don't have ANYONE looking down "to see how you do it" when you are releasing them, they will get hit on the nose when the bars pop up.

Do it only with the top down, and don't operate the top with the bars up (ask me how I know...).

One plus, with the bars up most organizations will recognize them as factory roll bars and allow you to run hillclimb events.

Izzy

• 9 years later...

Hello Izzy - OK how do you know about not raising the roof? And is there a solution if you did?

I curbed my 02 996 coming out of the infamous "Traffic Circles" in the midwest. I wan't even aware the roll hoops popped. When I got home and was putting the top up and it stopped short so I looked back and saw the roll hoops extended.

I put the top down and manually lowered the roll hoops. From that point the top is inoperable. The boot cover operates properly and you can here the pump engage but no action.

I have been told you have to go to the dealer and have the computer reset ($400.00) any thoughts?

Thanks! 

• 5 years later...

Hello,

I realize this is an old post but I just had the same thing happen as jss02996. 

I was starting my car and when I turned the key the roll over popped up.

The rollover is up and my top is up/closed.

I have no electrical issues other than my CD stopped working months ago.

I have not done anything yet.

I was going to lower the top until I read jss02996's post.

I don't think I can get them down unless I lower the top.

I do have a durametric in case I need to reset the roof, but I thought it was good to ask before I do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
58 minutes ago, 987_RDC said:

Loren it seems like if the car was upside down the ground would do the same thing.

You have hold the screwdriver to release the latches as I posted...

Insert a screwdriver into the hole in the module and press it against the top edge of the pawl. Press the screwdriver to the right arrow A and hold it while pressing up in direction of arrow B. The roll-over protection system is released.

post-2-1153324703_thumb.jpg

To reset just push them back down until they latch.