Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi,

I'm having those two code making the CEL coming on and off, but was mostly on.

I'm able to heard the air pump on cold start.

I planned to change the air filter, so in the mean time i also cleaned the MAF sensor with electronic spray.

performed those maintenance :

1- replace air filter with K&N

2- clean MAF sensor (it seemed pretty clean, not oily )

3- remove the snorkle from the side intake vent.

Car : Porsche boxster 986 98"

Edited by skullbocks

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Add checking the vacuum canister for cracks to the list. I had a broken hard line and I decided to check the cannister before putting it back together. It would not hold vacuum and had a crack from the screw hole all the way to the top of the cannister. It was very hard to see, but it sure leaked vacuum.

• 3 years later...

Loren opr other readers,  I am testing an electric change over valve which has two small inlet pipes situated at the top of the alternator front. One of the inlet pipes sticks out from the center and the other from the side Of the device. With no volts to the device I use fish tank tube attached to the side inlet and blow smoke which comes out around the round cap but does not from the other inlet/outlet pipe. When attached to the center and no volts I cannot blow through it.  With volts attached I hear a click and the smoke goes from either inlet to outlet.  I think the valve is working correctly but am worried about the smoke coming from around the cap. Is air supposed to come out around there? If not then I need a new valve. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2007 at 4:05 PM, vette67 said:

Loren and All,

I've got a 2000 996 Cab-4 and am doing the CEL PO410 + P1411 fix recorded in this string. When I got the alternator off I found the electric changeover valve for the secondary air injection system with no problem, but what should be the mechanical shutoff / changeover valve (part # 993 113 245 01) doesnt look like it does in the diagrams. It doesnt appear to connect to a check-valve or non-return valve. Here is a photo of what I am seeing:

post-7304-1190674183_thumb.jpg

Is this the right part to change?

Also, while doing this job I had to take out the airbox so took the opportunity to clean the throttle-body butterfly valve. Thanks for the tip!

Take a look at my "non-secondary air injections system electric changeover valve", the one easily accessible without removing the alternator, doesnt it look like a vacuum line has broken off of it? I cant find a loose line anywhere that might have mated up with it...

post-7304-1190674200_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much in advance for taking the time to respond.

Jeff

On 9/24/2007 at 4:05 PM, vette67 said:

Loren and All,

I've got a 2000 996 Cab-4 and am doing the CEL PO410 + P1411 fix recorded in this string. When I got the alternator off I found the electric changeover valve for the secondary air injection system with no problem, but what should be the mechanical shutoff / changeover valve (part # 993 113 245 01) doesnt look like it does in the diagrams. It doesnt appear to connect to a check-valve or non-return valve. Here is a photo of what I am seeing:

post-7304-1190674183_thumb.jpg

Is this the right part to change?

Also, while doing this job I had to take out the airbox so took the opportunity to clean the throttle-body butterfly valve. Thanks for the tip!

Take a look at my "non-secondary air injections system electric changeover valve", the one easily accessible without removing the alternator, doesnt it look like a vacuum line has broken off of it? I cant find a loose line anywhere that might have mated up with it...

post-7304-1190674200_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much in advance for taking the time to respond.

Jeff

Here is the link  to the parts you show in your helpful photo for the E-Gas cars like my 2001 Boxster S:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/hardparts.php?dir=986-97-04&section=108-06

The new 'combo' valve is now called a "Shut Off Valve"- 997 113 249 90- $115 If I understand correctly this replaces the so called SI valve and the check valve with the hose between them.

The  Parts diag for the 99 cars(older) is here:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/hardparts.php?dir=986-97-04&section=108-05

The other suspect parts appear to be unchanged:

An electrically controlled  "Change Over Valve"  996 605 123 -01 $30

The Vacuum Tank 993 110 140-03 $23

It takes so much time to access these parts it may be prudent to pre-order all 3 of them and replace regardless of the condition of the old parts ?

I hope this helps

• 5 years later...