Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

914-6 with VW badge

Tool Pants

• Moderators

I don't know the history of the 914 series. I thought in Europe the 914 was sold as a VW and the 914-6 as a Porsche. In North America both versions were sold as Porsches, so there was no VW badge.

This is why I was suprised to see the 914-6 VW Porsche badge.

The lady who unloaded the car from a trailer said the car originally came from Germany where it had been raced. I could understand if it was a 914 with the VW badge, but not a 914-6. But from a google search I found images of 914-6 VW Porsche badges, so it must be original.

I have seen the car at other local events in the past but never noticed the badge. Next time I seen it I'm going to stick on my extra Boxster badge and take a picture.

post-4-1176661548_thumb.jpg

Yep, it's the correct badge for a European 914-6. In Europe, they recognized that the car was a cooperative venture between Porsche and VW, whereas, in the US the car was badged as a Porsche with the 914-6 rear emblem. See the Badge thread over on the 914World.com site. Auto Atlanta just received a shipment of replacement 914-6-VW-Porsche badges from Germany, in case anyone wants to rebadge their US 914-6!

Edited by Max20

• 1 year later...
914-8.

Guess what is inside the engine compartment....

I would guess at blasphemy.....unless it's a 928 V8. 8^)

Not really. ;) There are lots of engines stuffed into 914s. From Subaru to big Porsche flat 6s to Chevy V8s. Altho I think I remember one 928, but that might have been in a 944 (or maybe it was a 914).

Oh, and there are some killer Type IV engines. Search Jake Raby.

I always thought a 912 engine would have been great, but never saw it done.

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.