Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

997 TT wheels on 996 TT?

Hi guys,

I am wondering if it is a wise decision to fit the 997 TT wheels on my 996 TT....

I know that I should use spaces to the rear axle and the tires must be 315/25/19..... :rolleyes:

Any thoughts will be appreciated....

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have my car with 19s, with 235/35/19 and rear 315/25/19

are the turbo 997 wheels a direct fit to the 996 turbo, or do you need spacers or anything?

Speak to the guys at Wheel Enhancement and visit their web site. They will tell you exactly what you need and provide fair pricing.

Edited by Ed NY

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased a set of 997 TT wheels to mount on my 996TT. As soon as I removed a wheel from my '03 turbo (hollow spoke) and went to mount a 997TT wheel, I realized how much heavier they were. When I put one of them on a scale, it was at least 8lbs heavier. I forget exactly, it may have been 10lbs. I then sold them and went to a light aftermarket wheel. If performance is not a priority, they can be considered. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Based upon a discussion thread over on Rennlist, I went to the website for CCW performance and was duly smitten by the quality and design of their wheels. I was particularly interested in the T10...which is a lightweight forged wheel. Granted, they are a bit pricey (the T10's run $2700 in either 18 or 19 inch), but for the quality and what you get....they're every bit as good as a $4K set of champions. I'm seriously considering them. I would invite you to go take a look.