Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

SeatBelt recepticle questions

I have had the airbag light on for some months now, Went to Bisimoto engineering and he hooked up the Durametric software to my box to reveal the drivers side recepticle is the cause of my Airbag light on the dash. Sucks cause the belts were replaced 2 years and 3 months from today and they are garanteed for 2 years only.... So i goto the dealer and buy the drivers side recepticle after trying to clean the connections to no aval.

The part number has been superseeded multiple times since 1997 when my boxster was sold. I know my boxster doesnt have the original recepticles and im sure they dont have the newest recepticles... when the parts counter showed me that the new superseeded parts recommend replacing 2 other wire harnesses, this worried me, cause with the cost of the recepticle and the harness im looking at $300+. Problem is that i dont know weather not i already have those other updated harnesses from the repair the dealer made 2 years ago.

Could anyone tell me when the harnesses were added to the TSB repair for the seat belt recepticles?

The TSB is not the latest word on this problem ....

Last time I went in (4th time in 52k with same symptom of airbag light on) having previously replaced both seat belts and having the TSB done, I talked to the mechanic who was troubleshooting the problem and he said there were now some new instructions on how to do the grounding strap that was the subject of the TSB. Unfortunately didn't give me any new TSB reference or imply that there was anything in writing, may just have been a verbal update. Each "fix" has been good for 1 year!

So if anyone has details on this new procedure as a TSB, please post.

• Admin
The TSB is not the latest word on this problem ....

Last time I went in (4th time in 52k with same symptom of airbag light on) having previously replaced both seat belts and having the TSB done, I talked to the mechanic who was troubleshooting the problem and he said there were now some new instructions on how to do the grounding strap that was the subject of the TSB. Unfortunately didn't give me any new TSB reference or imply that there was anything in writing, may just have been a verbal update. Each "fix" has been good for 1 year!

So if anyone has details on this new procedure as a TSB, please post.

All TSBs are available here to view by our Contributing Members.

Ok replaced the Malfunctioning driverside seatbelt recepticle with the new one. I still need to goto bisimoto to clean the airbag light error code but i have a question.... Ok on the old belt the part number ended in .09 and the new one from porsche ends in .10.... Do the new recepticals stop the seatbelt chime? cause after i installed it, i do not hear the seat belt chime from the dash when the belt is off. Did the fix that porsche made for the belt just make it a permanet closed loop?

• Admin

For MY01 or older:

Driver's seat - 996.803.183.09, blue plug

Passenger's seat - 996.803.183.10, green plug

Perhaps you have the wrong one?

The newer seat belt receptacles are the same except the contacts on the electrical connections/pins are gold plated to reduce corrosion.

There should be no change in the seat belt chime.

your right, called them, the parts guy said that i asked for passenger side...... which is a lie, i said whatever! dont have time for that crap, he said he can exchange it when i return it, I should have realized something was off when the new belt had only 2 pins instead of 4 like the old part... Will the 2 missing pins effect the way the srs system works? or is that only for the seat belt reminder chime? if it doesnt effect anything, ill just leave it cause its alot of trouble removing the seat to install it.