Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

electric problem

I took my interior apart so I could paint all the plastic trim and now I have a few problems.

1- The passenger side window does not go down with one push of the switch.

2- Everytime I lock the car the horn honks like I have, all the doors center console are shut and the trunk and hood.

3- I replace the OEM seats with Corbeau and I need to bypass the air bag because I have the light on all the time.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Admin

1. Try retraining the window. Hold the button down until the window is all the way down then continue hoding it for another 10 seconds. Do the same after raising the window.

2. If you get a honk it is because an alarm zone is still open. Common causes are: 3rd party radio, broken microswitch in the center console, broken microswitch in the front (or rear) trunk. You need to find a shop with the Durametric Software, a PST2, or PIWIS tester and a simple test will tell you exactly where the open zone is.

3. The seats are not the airbag circuit - the seatbelt buckles are. The same software above can tell you where the problem is with your airbag light too.

1. if your boxster is a 97, the passenger side does not come with auto-up only auto down.

2. if you removed the center console between the seats, you probably either forgot to plug the storage compartment lock assembly wire back onto the lock assembly underneath the center console between the seats.

3. If your airbag light was off prior to installing your seats, you probably disconnected the recepticle wires without disconnecting the battery and waiting 15 minutes. You'll have to have the factory buckles attached to the wiring for the airbag light to go away. If your using a 5 point harness, you will always hear the seatbelt warning chime unless you search the forum for the hack that disables the chime.... involves cutting 2 of the 4 wires on the recepticle.

Also, you'll need someone with durametic software or a PST2 to turn off the airbag light.

Edited by CJ_Boxster

1. if your boxster is a 97, the passenger side does not come with auto-up only auto down.

2. if you removed the center console between the seats, you probably either forgot to plug the storage compartment lock assembly wire back onto the lock assembly underneath the center console between the seats.

3. If your airbag light was off prior to installing your seats, you probably disconnected the recepticle wires without disconnecting the battery and waiting 15 minutes. You'll have to have the factory buckles attached to the wiring for the airbag light to go away. If your using a 5 point harness, you will always hear the seatbelt warning chime unless you search the forum for the hack that disables the chime.... involves cutting 2 of the 4 wires on the recepticle.

Also, you'll need someone with durametic software or a PST2 to turn off the airbag light.

Reseting the window worked. If the ignition was turned on with the seat belt harness disconnected, that would make the light come on but after the harness is reconnected should the light turn off or I have to get it reset with the computer. For my horn problem I realized that the convertible top light in the cluster does not light up when the top is in movement, the top works ok. Could it be related and what do you think I forgot to reconnect... I checked the connector at the console latch and it's connected.

And last problem is the radio code, It's a 220 and the serial # Y1060598 out of a 2001 986.

Thanks again for you help.

The airbag light will need to be turned off with Durametric software or a PST2 once its triggered.

As for the convertible top light not turning on when the top is in operation.... im lost on that one. might have something to do with the switch that the clam shall presses when its shut, try opening the top half way and tapping on it and moving the switch up and down... theres also a connector that does into it, make sure that connected... im talking the switch under the clam shell

Edited by CJ_Boxster

The airbag light will need to be turned off with Durametric software or a PST2 once its triggered.

As for the convertible top light not turning on when the top is in operation.... im lost on that one. might have something to do with the switch that the clam shall presses when its shut, try opening the top half way and tapping on it and moving the switch up and down... theres also a connector that does into it, make sure that connected... im talking the switch under the clam shell

Where would that switch be, I look under the cover and can't find it.

should be right behind the 3rd brake light, when the clam shell raises, a little plastic arm will stick out and when the clamshell closes, it presses the plastic arm (switch) back down.

Well by I found the problem by accident... I was reinstalling the left dash speaker and noticed that the gray plug that connect to the back of the cluster got disconnected. Now the top light comes on as it should.

Again thanks to you guys for helping me. Have a great day.