Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I used this morning the new (on sale) Turtle Wax Ice liquid "wax", that dries clear. Just simply wanted to test it and compare to my usual suspects; Rejex, Eagle 1, NXT. The good news is that Ice does apply like water. The bad news is that it comes off like water. There is no difference on the car before and after, and I would not recommend at all. I would stay with the Eagle 1 that dries clear for a quick wax job, or Rejex if you are going nowhere for 8 hours and can wait for the polymer curing.

All easy to apply, but Rejex had the longer "staying power" of them all.

The Ice soap, however, is pretty good and I have been using it for a few months.

Edited by izzyandsue

Have you tried Mguiar's NEXT wax? I have and looks good to me, and easy to apply. But, I am a newbie so I had not compared with other waxes yet. I have the feeling that it wears off quicker than harder waxes, It only makes sense.

i know this may sound crazy but i use that stuff called "Nu Finish" It comes in this ugly orange bottle. But it does the trick for me. It beads like crazy (i live in FL and need it cause of the hourly thunderstorms) and it gives the car a very smooth finish. I have tried other stuff (whenever I go to the shop, but i always come back to this stuff). Just my thoughts.

I think NXT is great, very similar to Eagle 1. The advantage on Eagle 1 is that it dries clear and no white lines/residue. If you are sloppy, like me, want to keep the cleaning to minimum, I prefer Eagle 1. But I do have both. NXT also has a great tire gloss spray, I use it when I primp the tires.

I will try "Nu Finish", have seen it before at the shop, thanks for the tip. I am painfuly aware of the afternoon heavy storms in FL, I used to work for the flood control district...... deciding when to open the gates was never easy.

I've been using Zymol wax for 7 years now. So far so good, always kept my cars shinny. This wax is much thicker then most wax and seems to last longer. I see it at dealerships alot but you can find it cheaper at Pep Boys or Kragen.

Rumor is that Klasse Sealent Glaze is one of the very few products that can genuinely be applied in multiple coats. Most everything else removes the last coat while putting on a new coat. Great stuff.

Yo Izzy, go to Rennlist to see the latest in my alignment saga. Progress is made. Of a sort.

I'm not going to get in an argument, but I have tried virtually every product on the market (sitting in my garage) and use Zaino now. The new CS product goes on and requires NO buffing...I think this is what the turtle ice is supposed to do. Granted I put it over a very good base of Zaino polymer sealant, but you might give it a try.

Statman, don't assume any arguments here, we want friendly opinions on experience so we can learn from each other's history. I have not seen Zaino in the store, where you get it? Have used Zymol, but it leaves a blue residue on cracks. Glad to get your input.

Besides, IMO anyone with enough time to get into an argument over car wax products should put down the keyboard, grab his or her keys, and go for a fun fast drive.

Scott, you have a link to the Rennlist to save me the hunt and peck time?.... Glad you stopped looking up at CMP, that "looks upon the sky and makes rain" line can be dangerous on track days.

Statman, don't assume any arguments here, we want friendly opinions on experience so we can learn from each other's history. I have not seen Zaino in the store, where you get it? Have used Zymol, but it leaves a blue residue on cracks. Glad to get your input.

Here you go:

Zaino

I happen to use Griot's on my silver 996. It is a bit of work, but seems to last a long time (esp. since the car is under cover at home and at work). A couple of points have made a difference for me:

- I used to live in the Midwest where we pushed wax into every crevice to help keep out road salt--and the cars looked it. A local detailer emphasized getting the wax close to, but not in seams--which makes the removal/buffing a lot easier.

- Something I never expected was that different brands of wax can look better on some paint colors than others. I guess it is due to some of the base tints or formulations in the wax. However, it is worth trying several different brands side-by-side on the same hood/fender and see if one of them really stands out for your paint color. I had a darker car and the Zymol looked especially good on it. It was less impressive on some others. So, it's worth a little time on an afternoon if you're trying to dial in the best shine for the effort.

- On cars that are left out more, I will sometimes use Nu Finish as a base "sealant" to help keep out weather, long-term -- then follow with a wax for extra shine. Has seemed to work well in protection & looks. (ok...I overdo things sometimes...)

- In attending a concours seminar, a fellow made the point to only use car wash liquids that are "clear" in the bottle--not ones that have solids (creamy looking). He was looking for best shine only. He reported using Meguire's Gold Class, Sonax and P21 waxes depending on the color of the car he was prepping for judging.

I would have to agree about the Ice, I applied it to half my wing and had my older NXT on the other side and I saw no difference between the two other than it was pretty easy to apply the Ice. I have used Meguiar's for years and Really like there NXT line, the tire coating is bar none the best I have used. Their touch up quick detailer does good for a shine in 10 minutes. I would be open to test any products out that claim to be better. I do use NanoPolish from Eagle 1 to maintain my Forged wheels it is the best I have tried in standing the test of time. I also tried the back to black, rubber/plastic re-finisher. It made a difference that lasted about 3 weeks only on hard plastics (wiper cowling). Haven't reapplied yet but they say that if regularly maintained that it will over time improve the luster back to original(could believe that if there is only minimal fading). The rubber trim was a waste of my time it showed minimal to no improvements and was a general disappointment.