Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Car cranks but won't fire /seeing codes:P1237 - P1241

Greetings: went to start the car and while it turns over with vigor, it will not start. It doesn't even "try" to fire, leading me to believe either fuel or ignition.

Getting error codes P1237 through 1241 which say: "Fuel injector, cylinder 1-6. Interuption" No other error codes found.

All fuses good and other system operations seem fine.

I did the fuel pump test per the shop manual and it pumps fine.

Any suggestions?

Thx,

GA

Unless you have a wiring harness problem - it looks like the DME.

That is depressing. I doubt it is the harness. Everything really looks fine. Unless anyone has any other suggestions, I will be taking it to the shop tomorrow. Thx, GA

This may sound like a bad joke, but it is not. How much gas you have? How old is it?

I studied the wiring diagrams last night and decided to try one more thing today. I plugged in a known good relay (horn) into the Ignition relay socket in the rear relay frame, and the car fired right up. (the horn and ignition relays are the same.) I then installed a relay from a spare harness I have here into the horn socket and I appear to be good to go.

Crisis averted.

Thanks all. GA

Hi Gator,

I'm having the same problem, and I removed the panel behind the rear seats in my MY2000 Cab, but I can't seem to find where the rear relays are. Any help would be greately appreciated! I'm stuck! Is it that I'm looking in the wrong place? Is the ignition relay in the front?

Thanks!

Kabir

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings: went to start the car and while it turns over with vigor, it will not start. It doesn't even "try" to fire, leading me to believe either fuel or ignition.

Getting error codes P1237 through 1241 which say: "Fuel injector, cylinder 1-6. Interuption" No other error codes found.

All fuses good and other system operations seem fine.

I did the fuel pump test per the shop manual and it pumps fine.

Any suggestions?

Thx,

GA

fuse blown had same identical problem and codes. The fuse was blown the injector fuse in fuse panel row c #2 30amp

that should do it happy motoring.