Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Why is this forum so quiet?

RG955TT

I jus bought my 996TT, contributed to this forum, and I must say I'm pretty disapointed. After days and days there are no new posts and the activity seems really low compared to 6speed and others. Whats the story? Why is no one posting here and why is the activity so low?

I jus bought my 996TT, contributed to this forum, and I must say I'm pretty disapointed. After days and days there are no new posts and the activity seems really low compared to 6speed and others. Whats the story? Why is no one posting here and why is the activity so low?

Well, I say 'quality not quantity'.

There are a couple of issues- the focus here is tech, which draws less input simply because there is less true 'info' than 'opinions'. This site is also highly segmented (this is a criticism) and this make navigation difficult, and really cuts down on the odds that a post will be seen.

I regularly visit 6speed, but find the solid technical advice to be limited. a few % of the posts are of a caliber that you can 'take it to the bank'. I find those that know (on 6speed) are tuners and they will not disclose very much (other than as a hook to bring in business). (BTW, I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH THIS. Just the way it is. ) In the BMW world there are way more DIYs so more tech knowledge is shared. IMHO.

I need to post here more often though, just need to think up intelligent stuff to say <_<

My quick two cents.

A

Thanks for the replys...maybe I just need to figure out how to navigate the site better. I was just asking so thanks everyone for not getting upset. I have to admit I was out enjoying mine today too!

Me too...I did 420 awesome miles today. In the garage by 2:30 PM, then went rollerblading with my 2 little girls and wife. 8 more miles!

Mexican dinner.

Now watching the Illinois vs. Michigan game and the Red Sox vs. Cleveland!

Life is very good! :)

RG955: I guess I'd have to start out with....what exactly are your expectations of a forum such as this? You have indicated your diappointment with the forum, but you haven't really defined what it is that you expected. If you could define your disappointment, we might be able to direct you to somewhere that might fulfill what it is you're looking for.

This forum had a lot of DIY info....the How-To of doing things to save money rather than sending your car to a dealership...more technical info. 6Speed has a lot of ...."Nice Wheels"...."Cool Carbon Fibre:" etc.....and Rennlist has a lot fo discussion about a variety of topics. I've literally saved over an easy $1K from DIY and technical how-to from this forum. To me...that defined the value.

It's one thing to express your disappointment....but it's quite another to define what you were expecting.....thereby giving some of the particpants the opportunity to try to fulfill those expecatations or perhaps direct you elsewhere.

Chuck Jones