Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

In my search for "the one" some interior carpets are showing some fade. This of course gets the wife turned off. For the life of me I cannot find replacement carpet for 1999-2002 996 cars. I looked at Sunset site, googled it etc. Are 996 carpets listed differently? I have also looked by searching 1999 911.

Also are the lower carpeted parts of the door replaceable easily? since that is where she notices it most.

Thanks,

Ben

In my search for "the one" some interior carpets are showing some fade. This of course gets the wife turned off. For the life of me I cannot find replacement carpet for 1999-2002 996 cars. I looked at Sunset site, googled it etc. Are 996 carpets listed differently? I have also looked by searching 1999 911.

Also are the lower carpeted parts of the door replaceable easily? since that is where she notices it most.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben:

If the lower carpeted parts of the door are your main concern, and your carpets are black, you can bring them back to a deep black by using "carpet paint" that is available in spray cans at some auto parts stores and at all auto body paint stores. Once lightly sprayed, you will not be able to tell the difference between the newly sprayed door panel carpets and brand new replacement ones.

Regards, Maurice.

The carpet can be dyed no matter what color it is. This would not be a DIY job for me, but there are plenty of places that do this kind of work. Not sure what the cost would be. Seems like I saw something on the PCA website about a company that sells Porsche color matched dye.

Will

I have a 99 cab with Savana tan interior. The privious owner must have been a smoker because I have two burn holes in the carpet on the driver side. I am thankful the seats don't have any burn holes. I am also looking for replacement carpet and haven't had any luck finding a supplier for replacement carpet. The spots are not that noticalble but they bother me and I want to replace the carpet. If anyone has a supplier contact I would appriciate the information.

Thanks

Spankey

I've seen carpets posted on Ebay quite a few times but would caution you that this doesn't look like a job for the faint of heart. The carpets appear to be semi-molded to the shape of the floorpan and will require removal of the seats and center consoles. Lots of work there ...

You might try Tom Frederico 858-883-2655

I know that he was producing form fitted replacement carpets for some high end cars however, I am not sure about Porsches.

If this post is against rules, I appologize (and please delete it) however, I do not think any of our vendors sell carpets.

• 3 weeks later...