Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My Box wont start correct?

I have a 2001 2.7 boxster with 70k miles on it and whenever I go to crank it it will turnover but not start up... However if I push the throttle down slowly and hold it down for 10 seconds then release slowly and repeat this 3 times it fires right up. What would cause this, I have had a lot of problems with the car specifically related to the throttle body and the MAF could this be the issue? Thanks!!!

I don't see how pumping your gas pedal would help start the car when 01 2.7 fuel system is controlled electronically,,,

Since she is packing 70.000 miles , fuel filter should've been replaced- clogged filter is a possibility, spark plugs should been replaced- bad plug can cause this , also clogged injectors? while U are holding your throttle for 30 seconds,its actually building more fuel pressure? a faulty fuel pump on this model is very rare.

First thing I would do is mix a can of Techron injector cleaner w/ full tank of Chevron Super,,,

Edited by juniinc

I have already replaced the fuel pump and the fuel filter thinking the same thing. I read somewhere that holding the throttle down resets the throttle position indicator and yes the car runs fine after it is started up but no matter how long it runs for once you shut it off it will not crank again. The car has run fine in the past but I usually run premium shell gas but recently I put regular in it, could this be the problem?? Thanks!

I am having the same problem except only after I gas up...yes, I know it sounds crazy, but after I hold the pedal to the floor it starts after 5-10 seconds. I did get a P0446 Evap canister CEL about a month ago but it has not been back. I even tried removing the gas cap by itself but the problem can only be replicated after gassing up. Must be a pressure issue??? I have replaced all the general tune up components and performed all cleaning with no luck. Seems to be common as the Boxsters approach 100K.

Still searching...

Chris

I don't see how pumping your gas pedal would help start the car when 01 2.7 fuel system is controlled electronically,,,

Since she is packing 70.000 miles , fuel filter should've been replaced- clogged filter is a possibility, spark plugs should been replaced- bad plug can cause this , also clogged injectors? while U are holding your throttle for 30 seconds,its actually building more fuel pressure? a faulty fuel pump on this model is very rare.

First thing I would do is mix a can of Techron injector cleaner w/ full tank of Chevron Super,,,

You probably answered his question without realizing it... Could be that his Throttle Plate Actuator on the throttle body is probably acting up... He should check his car for any new P-codes.