Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

durametric question: what does "number of times dtc present"

After having this software for some time and my alarm error codes I've noted that several codes have advanced from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 over the last couple of years. Can anyone explain what this value means?

Is this times the error has triggered since last reset (years in my case)?

Or is this how many times it triggers an error during the read process?

post-13335-1212893094_thumb.png

After having this software for some time and my alarm error codes I've noted that several codes have advanced from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 over the last couple of years. Can anyone explain what this value means?

Is this times the error has triggered since last reset (years in my case)?

Or is this how many times it triggers an error during the read process?

post-13335-1212893094_thumb.png

I have found Durametric to be very helpfull.

They write the software and therefore they know how to interpret the reading.

Drop them an email

I already have but do not expect to get a response from them until Monday, so I was hoping for a knowledgeable response from list members or someone like Loren with a PST 2, I'm quite sure it has the same values.

• Admin

My understanding is that it is the times the fault has triggered since last reset. In the case of the DME - it can reset it's own faults if the preset drive cycles have been met and the error has not occurred again.

PST2 and PIWIS report the same.

Thanks Loren, That does help my though process then. For some reason I figured my errors were present every time I read the codes.

You commented a couple summers ago for me on two codes, the common (33) with the interior alarm sensor and also the (41) no engine start possible with faulty key pill. Since durametric doesn't have the ability to reset alarm codes I still have a question then.

Since I cannot clear them are the able to "advance" another count? Since it is currently at only a value of 1 cannot I not get to 2 until I have done a reset? or will the system keep counting every time the error is seen on upon ignition? thus a persistent problem has dozens or hundreds of counts until the issue is remedied?

You may have experience from you car (or a friends) and you PST 2. Do you ever see a crazy value other then 1 or 2?

I'm hoping my no-start/pill comment was a one time issue that was remedied prior to my ownership as it still have only a value of 1 in the two years I've had the car.

ha! That is interesting.

I knew I wasn't clear on my comment/question!

Although I understand the code stays in the system until you clear it can the counter still advance w/o clearing or will it stay at the current value until then?

For example if I've had the #33 with DTC value of 3, does that tell me the system has been reset at least 3 times now or is it posible it has never been reset but the system still has detected that value 3 times?

More confusing?

• Admin
ha! That is interesting.

I knew I wasn't clear on my comment/question!

Although I understand the code stays in the system until you clear it can the counter still advance w/o clearing or will it stay at the current value until then?

For example if I've had the #33 with DTC value of 3, does that tell me the system has been reset at least 3 times now or is it posible it has never been reset but the system still has detected that value 3 times?

More confusing?

No, I think that means that this is the third occurrence and the DME reset the first 2 or perhaps it has occurred 3 times with no DME correction)