Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Out of curiosity, does it happen only at very slow speeds (under 15 mph) or at any speed?

low speed

There's certain speeds/rpms where engines and transmissions seem matched up better for shifting. One of my friends claims that if you know where those points are, you don't even need to clutch. I've never seen him do it, and he's quite the talker, but I think there is something to it.

Try avoiding shifting to 2nd until 20mph/3000rpm and see if that doesn't help things out. You might still need new synchros, but it might help you put that rebuild off for a while.

Hey guys,

I am having a similar problem but with mine, it pops out of 1st gear just as I give it some gas. Like Jam996, it is happened a few times and seems to be getting worse.

Same problem???

How much for a new transmission?

All comments are greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having similiar problem . My car has 24000 miles HOW can that be syncros . I have been told it could be a rusty spring, a plastic clip that holds the cable , broken motor mount,or some kind of guide forks?, all of which would not be much to fix at all!! Heres my problem. When I shift into second gear it goes in perfecly I acclerate press the clutch change to 3rd now if I don't shift and leave it in gear and let off the gas at any speed then it pops out of gear and I can not put it back in . I mean you guys say yeah change the tranny thats stupid if you don't have to.And of course THAT'S going to fix it ... If by any chance I have to replace the tranny. You can bet your balls I'm not spending that kind of money to replace the tranny my car has been babied and I will sell the stupid thing and buy somthing domestic like a vette.... Fukk that.

Edited by 6speed

I have been having similiar problem . My car has 24000 miles HOW can that be syncros . I have been told it could be a rusty spring, a plastic clip that holds the cable , broken motor mount,or some kind of guide forks?, all of which would not be much to fix at all!! Heres my problem. When I shift into second gear it goes in perfecly I acclerate press the clutch change to 3rd now if I don't shift and leave it in gear and let off the gas at any speed then it pops out of gear and I can not put it back in . I mean you guys say yeah change the tranny thats stupid if you don't have to of course thats going to fix it ... if by any chance I have to do that I'm not spending that kind of money to replace the tranny my car has been babied and I will sell the stupid thing and buy somthing domestic like a vette.... Fukk that.

Why don't you take it to a transmission shop and find out?

You can always try a rebuild. http://www.vertexauto.com/ShowItem/208343%...ansmission.aspx

Hey guys before you dump that kind of cash for a brand new gear box do what I did. I was having the sae issue where my car was very hard to get into 2nd gear especially when it was cold and it would pop out as soon as I let the clutch out. I searched all over the internet ooking for solutions and all i found was more and more people with problems. There was no solution out there except to replace the tranny whioch I was not about to do. A good friend of mine suggested changing the tranny fluid so I did. I changed my tranny fluid with Redline MTL and the problem is completely gone. The tranny feels perfect and it hasn't done it a single time since. I hope this helps you guys out! If you don't have a local shop that has it, I reccomend BRITS in Sonoma, CA 707-935-3637, they will ship it to you.