Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Steering Column

flat6

Hey Guys,

The other day I was making a left turn and my signal was on and as I did the turn I heard a plastic snap sound come from behind my steering wheel. Since then my signals work but the steering wheel does NOT shut off the signal after the turn. Loren, I was wonding if you could give me a column exploded view from Porsche? I don't think it is my cable reel for the ABS, most probably my combo switch, but I am curious, if I need to replace the whole switch or if it is a ring I broke or something

Thanks

• Admin

Sorry, Porsche does not sell just the stalk parts only the whole assembly.

If you want just the turn signal part you might try a salvage yard. It is a little more work but a few folks have changed out just the turn signal switch.

Item 1 - 996.613.219.10.EWC is the whole assembly -- US MSRP $248.18. Sunset Imports (Porsche parts at Dealer Cost) can likely do better than that.

post-1-1220495438_thumb.png

Thanks for the Pic Loren, I took it apart actually and what I broke is the return plastic on the clock spring unit. The part that returns the signal back to go. Do any of you know how to take off the upper clip (grey) on the clock spring? I think I will need to replace it. And I already shop and the plugged porsche dealership :)

Thanks Guys...

Thanks for the Pic Loren, I took it apart actually and what I broke is the return plastic on the clock spring unit. The part that returns the signal back to go. Do any of you know how to take off the upper clip (grey) on the clock spring? I think I will need to replace it. And I already shop and the plugged porsche dealership :)

Thanks Guys...

Once again, I am an idiot. :) I need the clock spring Loren. Part number and price by chance? Thanks a bunch.

• 2 weeks later...
You cannot remove the gray connector. You need to remove the 2 or 3 connectors depending on the transmission specs. 2 connectors for the 6 speed and 3 for the tip.

Thanks for the update guys. Ya I figured the plug thing a bit too late. I was quite surprised to find that the plastic part off the clock spring that returns the signal to the neutral position broke as I was driving.

Now my question is, I put it all back together as I wait for my part for the "plugged" :) dealer but my airbag light now remains on? Do I need a Porsche dealer t turn it off or did I mess something up?

Thanks again both of you...

• Admin
You cannot remove the gray connector. You need to remove the 2 or 3 connectors depending on the transmission specs. 2 connectors for the 6 speed and 3 for the tip.

Thanks for the update guys. Ya I figured the plug thing a bit too late. I was quite surprised to find that the plastic part off the clock spring that returns the signal to the neutral position broke as I was driving.

Now my question is, I put it all back together as I wait for my part for the "plugged" :) dealer but my airbag light now remains on? Do I need a Porsche dealer t turn it off or did I mess something up?

Thanks again both of you...

You will need the Durametric software, a PST2 or PIWIS tester to turn off an airbag light.