Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

power for footwell light

Hi, Im trying to install this switch with some lights for footwell area,

I know there is a mod hooking up the power wire to interior lights so they can dim,

but I want these footwell lights to be connected to the switch only.

Where can I get power for these lights? Can I use the telephone plug (under center

console) power wire?

thanks

post-17661-1222406024.jpg

• Moderators

If you want your footwell lights to come on when you open the door, then take power off of the center dome light as well. If you do that, then they will all come on with either the door opening or by the switch in the dome light. That is how I did it, and did not use the switch you have.

• 3 weeks later...

finally I have some some time to do this mod..

If I want to do this with two lights using the switch in dash, and wiring it with the telephone plug,

do I need to put a fuse so It doesn't cause any damage?

Can someone PM me with some help on how to connect all this together.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

It would be fairly simple to add a relay to the system if you have the power and ground wires. You need a power line, ground line, trigger, and light lines. You can get add on relays from most auto stores not sure which would work best for that but again if you can find out that by explaining and asking. Then you just either 3m double tape it or self tap it to something under the center console.

Really if you can drive a six speed you can do it.