Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 X74 Sport Suspension

Can anyone give me the original part number for the 996 X74 sport suspension kit! I was given this number, but my dealer said it was not a correct number-000-044-500-34 . Need the coorect part number for the X74 kit. Thanks

2002 996 targa tiprtonic, thanks loren!

Get the 2WD Coupe version of the same kit.

or

Get the 2WD Cabriolet version of the same kit.

I think the weight of the Targa is closer to a Cab - so I would likely get the Cab kit. You might see what Gert (at Carnewal.com) thinks too.

Thanks Loren! but if you go to this website they have that part number listed retails as being trans retrofit kit at $1356, the price does not seem right?

please take a look at the link and let me know what you think.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...p;siteid=214854

just enter part number and they give you price, do people buy from Gert because he has the best prices or is because its hard to get in the US? Stuttgart performance has it for $2650, is that a pretty ggod price?

000.044.500.33 has a US MSRP of $1315.69

and

000.044.500.31 has a US MSRP of $1315.69

So that price is OVER list price - try Sunset Imports (Porsche Parts at Dealer Cost).

Gert's pries (Carnewal.com) are probably the best outside the US.

Thanks Loren!

I just ordered from GERT, and he game a fantastic deal on the X74!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Admin

X74 lowers the car 40mm in the front and 30mm in the rear.

US Sport (M030) does not lower the car - just stiffer springs and larger swaybars.

RoW Sport (M030) lowers the cars 20mm in the front and 10mm in the rear.

PSS-10 coilovers are adjustable, dual-spring, coil-over kit made by Bilstein. They are fully-adjustable monotube gas shocks and offer ten different settings to alter the compression and rebound settings. The kit also allows full corner balancing and the use of GT2/GT3 adjustable swaybars. Optimum setup for a full time track car. With this kit you will drop a minimum (at the highest setting) of 20-30 mm (all the way around) and of course you can adjust much lower.

H&R also makes a coilover kit for the 996. As I recall it lowers the car 30-60mm in the front and 20-50mm in the rear. and like the PSS-10 coilovers it allows the use of GT2/GT3 adjustable swaybars.

IMHO you do not want to go lower than the X74 kit for the street - so you could do that with the coilovers.

• Admin
Any chance you could provide X74 kit part # for 2001 Carrera 4 6Speed?

X74 was never approved for US/Canada cars older than MY2002. You would need to add in the re-enforcing brackets to put it on an older car. You might be able to find the RoW parts individually.

A safer bet might be RoW Sport suspension or coilovers.

Edited by Loren
corrected

• 2 weeks later...