Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Car is in winter storage and I start it once a week and run it up to temp to charge the battery...

except...... I left the lights on last week.

When I came back battery was dead and had to open the front hood through the fuse box

Charged the battery, and it starts fine, but the spoiler is up, and the indicator says PSM failure

and the remote locking key wont operate the doors or the trunk

What to do?

Car is in winter storage and I start it once a week and run it up to temp to charge the battery...

except...... I left the lights on last week.

When I came back battery was dead and had to open the front hood through the fuse box

Charged the battery, and it starts fine, but the spoiler is up, and the indicator says PSM failure

and the remote locking key wont operate the doors or the trunk

What to do?

For the key problem, try opening and locking the driver's side door by manually inserting the key into the lock and turning it back and forth. That might "re-educate" your remote function. If you leave the car sitting for more than 5? days, it disables the remote.

For the spoiler, see if you can retract it by pressing the manual button in the driver's side kick panel, near the bottom of the fuse panel.

Not sure about the rest.

Regards, Maurice.

• Admin

If the battery goes completely flat most of the car's controllers will shut down and produce faults.

If you replace the battery most or all of them should clear within a few drives. If not, then you best check it with Durametric Software, A PST2, or PIWIS tester.

If the battery goes completely flat most of the car's controllers will shut down and produce faults.

If you replace the battery most or all of them should clear within a few drives. If not, then you best check it with Durametric Software, A PST2, or PIWIS tester.

thanks for the suggestions..

I've locked and unlocked the door by the key a couple of times. but will try again...

As Im not driving it, do you think merely starting and running it a few times will be equivalent to driving it a few

times, or is it something that the computers will have to register things like wheels turning to generate (recover)

informations?

• Moderators

Push on the remote lock button for approx. 3 seconds, stop the engine, get out of the car and lock with the remote, if the system reacts = OK, if not contact the dealer to reprogram both remotes.

well RFM, darned if your suggestion for the key didn't work...(ie it worked !) huzzah the remote now locks the doors! Thanks

silly question, bbut I would rather not take chances with the expensive electronics... so.... I bought CTEK 33000 battery charger which is apparently the exact same as the Porsche charge-o-mat- and the silly question is...it should be plugged into the cigarette lighter outlet only, and not the power port. correct ? or does it matter? or?

when you say "I ever used", do you mean "j'ai TOUJOURS utilise" ?

It's just that I don't want to cause expensive damage by pluggin in to the power port if you are supposed to only

use the cigarette lighter

I didn't see anything in the manual about this type of charging, only a battery boost.

• Moderators

As you said "toujours utilise" some of the translations are not what they should be. The reason way i use the lighter is routine, the former series had no 12V. power port.