Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

front d/s coolant rad leaking on my 02-c4s

Hi, I have become the owner of a 02 c4s in forrest green with tiptronic. it has 19k miles and looks mint.Porsche cert in Nov08

I am noticing a strong coolant ador and steam from the front drivers side after my sunday morning drive. :cursing:

There it is a wet rad in the front bumper on the driver side.

I am looking for some advice on replacing this rad please.

thankyou:

Hi, I have become the owner of a 02 c4s in forrest green with tiptronic. it has 19k miles and looks mint.Porsche cert in Nov08

I am noticing a strong coolant ador and steam from the front drivers side after my sunday morning drive. :cursing:

thankyou:

Not trying to be sarcastic, if it is certified, you should have no issue bringing it in!

Edited by KevinMac

thankyou:

Not trying ot be sarcastic, if it is certified, you should have no issue bringing it in!

I am Canadian and bought the car from a private seller in Boston.

The dealer that cert the car told me there were no leaks ,

I am upset but they are in Boston and I do not want to deal with them any more.

Thank you

The front bumper air ducts and wheel well liner need to come off then the radiator is accessible.

Maybe a couple hours of work total.

thats the info I am looking for, :)

the car is in storage and I plan to fix it before spring.

Thanks

"Porsche certified" means any Porsche dealer should be address your issue. Even if you were not the original buyer the certification is transeferable and stays with the car. The key here is I do not know if the certification carries across the border. I would find out.

Edited by KevinMac

The front bumper air ducts and wheel well liner need to come off then the radiator is accessible.

Maybe a couple hours of work total.

thats the info I am looking for, :)

the car is in storage and I plan to fix it before spring.

Thanks

"Porsche certified" means any Porsche dealer should be address your issue. Even if you were not the original buyer the certification is transeferable and stays with the car. The key here is I do not know if the certification carries across the border. I would find out.

This is very interesting,

so I had a look at the certification papers from the dealer and noticed the service manager and pre-owned manager

did not sign the inspection paper.

It reads this inspection is invalid without all required signatures.

the technician told me he had to add coolant but he could not see a leak, he also did not have time to pressure test.

that info is not in the paperwork.

the technician lied to me the rad was wet and he said he did not see any leaks, i believed him and bought the car.

my plan is to repair the rad or replace it,

I'm a little pist off but I knew I was purchasing a used car.

I bought the car at a very good price and now I nead new tires and a rad. I can live with that.

the technician lied to me the rad was wet and he said he did not see any leaks, i believed him and bought the car.

my plan is to repair the rad or replace it,

I'm a little pist off but I knew I was purchasing a used car.

I bought the car at a very good price and now I nead new tires and a rad. I can live with that.

Myron:

That is a very "zen" attittude. If it were me, it would not be a matter of whether or not I "can live with that".

Even though you may have gotten a good deal, you bought a car that was represented to you as not having any leaks. That's what you paid your hard earned money for.

I would do the repair myself, or have the repair done at a repair shop, and send the bill to the dealership along with a letter explaining the situation. You never know what kind of response you might get.

Regardless, enjoy your new ride.

Regards, Maurice.