Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Any idea where I can order some interior parts online? I need the drivers side AC vent, the one that has the light switch on it (don't need the light switch though).

Was also wondering if I can replace the bottom panel under the steering wheel, it has some scratches in the leather.

Thanks.

I don't think there's anyplace with anything more than brakes, plugs, filters, wheels, etc. online and for something as detailed as an interior part, you're going to have to go to a dealership. However, if you call or email the board sponsor Sunset Porsche (I suggest calling because sometimes emails can take a day or two to be returned), they can find you just about anything, and I'll vouch that their prices are incredible.

Any idea where I can order some interior parts online? I need the drivers side AC vent, the one that has the light switch on it (don't need the light switch though).

Was also wondering if I can replace the bottom panel under the steering wheel, it has some scratches in the leather.

Thanks.

Have you tried Ebay? There are a number salvage yards that specialize in P cars that you could also try.

Well I found the part number for the vent from an online manual, then I googled the part # and found this website called pcars.com.

The vent is $107 from them.

Sadly the other panel I wask asking about is part of the entire dash, which costs just over $2000 to replace!

Edited by st4rk

Sadly the other panel I wask asking about is part of the entire dash, which costs just over $2000 to replace!

Are you sure your part is leather? Can it just be cleaned and conditioned to look better? If you can remove the part, possibly a good good upholstry shop can re-cover for you.

The above is good advice regarding Sunset Imports (Oregon) and Suncoast (FL). These are the best places to order OEM parts with the best prices, and they have great service too. I recently got a quote for the side vent and it was considerably less than $107.