Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

window, hood and trunk

Hi

i have just got my 1997 boxster on the road and found that the windows and trunk release and hood release does not work . My battery was dead so i charged it and now all these problems.

Thanks for the help

Door:

The trunk and the hood releases on a '97 are mechanical, so those are unrelated to your dead battery or other electrical problems.

Do a search here and you will find instructions on how to open the hood and the trunk without using the releases so that you can inspect the operation of the release cables.

If both windows don't work, first check the fuses in the fuse panel located at on the left kick panel, just to the left of your calf when sitting in the driver's seat.

If the fuses are okay, then it's either the switch(es) (unlikely that both went bad at the same time), or the central alarm control unit under the seat. There is also a 15 amp fuse located at the back of the control unit.

Regards, Maurice.

MY98 had done that a couple times. I exit the car and used the the key to manually lock and unlock the door and that seemed to release the latch levers. I also had an ignition switch failure at about the same time. I'm not sure what caused it and it hasn't happened since.

• 2 months later...

I know this topic is a little old as far as the post date. I have a 02 boxster and I had a issue with it recently. I parked the car for 2 days without using it. I came back to start the car and my remote to open the doors wouldn't work. My interior lights were gone on the door panels and the overhead light. The dashboard lights were lit up like they normally would be but, when I turned the key in the ignition the car wouldn't start at all. No sound. I had 2 solid bars where my sensor would normally blink. My trunk and rear hood wouldn't open either. If someone could give me some advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi

i have just got my 1997 boxster on the road and found that the windows and trunk release and hood release does not work . My battery was dead so i charged it and now all these problems.

Thanks for the help

Door:

The trunk and the hood releases on a '97 are mechanical, so those are unrelated to your dead battery or other electrical problems.

Do a search here and you will find instructions on how to open the hood and the trunk without using the releases so that you can inspect the operation of the release cables.

If both windows don't work, first check the fuses in the fuse panel located at on the left kick panel, just to the left of your calf when sitting in the driver's seat.

If the fuses are okay, then it's either the switch(es) (unlikely that both went bad at the same time), or the central alarm control unit under the seat. There is also a 15 amp fuse located at the back of the control unit.

Regards, Maurice.

• Admin
I know this topic is a little old as far as the post date. I have a 02 boxster and I had a issue with it recently. I parked the car for 2 days without using it. I came back to start the car and my remote to open the doors wouldn't work. My interior lights were gone on the door panels and the overhead light. The dashboard lights were lit up like they normally would be but, when I turned the key in the ignition the car wouldn't start at all. No sound. I had 2 solid bars where my sensor would normally blink. My trunk and rear hood wouldn't open either. If someone could give me some advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

:welcome:

Have you tried locking and unlocking your car with your key?

There is a procedure in your Owners Manual to reset the remote alarm timeout.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for the help

Door:

Regards, Maurice.

FWIT, when I have my car parked for more than 5 days the remote does not open the doors. After opening the door manually (using key and not remote) I found that the hood and trunk (what I thought were mechanical latches) wouldn't open either. Frustrated I just tried to start the car. After starting car and turning off, both latches were "reset" and I was able to open.

• Admin
FWIT, when I have my car parked for more than 5 days the remote does not open the doors. After opening the door manually (using key and not remote) I found that the hood and trunk (what I thought were mechanical latches) wouldn't open either. Frustrated I just tried to start the car. After starting car and turning off, both latches were "reset" and I was able to open.

That is normal and in the Owners Manual (the 5 day shutdown).